Trans-Asia Shipping Lines
This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Founded||March 25, 1974|
|Headquarters||M.J. Cuenco Ave. Cor. Osmeña Blvd., Cebu City, Philippines|
|Julian G. Sy Sr.
Julian L. Sy Jr.
Arthur Kenneth L. Sy
President & CEO
|Products||Passenger and cargo services|
|Website||Trans-Asia Shipping Lines, Inc.|
Trans-Asia Shipping Lines, Incorporated (TASLI) is a shipping company based in Cebu, Philippines. It was incorporated on March 25, 1974 under the name of Solar Shipping Lines, Inc. The President and CEO of the company is Arthur Kenneth L. Sy.
- 1 Fleet
- 2 Former Vessels
- 3 Ports of call
- 4 Trivia
- 5 Voyage schedules
- 6 See also
- 7 References
- 8 External links
Trans-Asia's vessels include:
M/V Trans-Asia 8
Trans-Asia acquired this ship in the early 2011. This ship used to be Doña Rita Sr. of Gothong Southern. She serves Cebu - Tagbilaran - Cebu and Cagayan - Tagbilaran - Cagayan routes.
M/V Trans-Asia 9
Trans-Asia acquired this ship in the early 2012. This ship was Ferry Kikai of A-Line in Japan, Our Lady of Good Voyage of Cebu Ferries (later 2Go Travel) and Doña Conchita Sr. of Gothong Southern. She serves Cebu to Cagayan de Oro route.
M/V Trans-Asia 5
M/V Trans-Asia 5, former Butuan Bay 1 of Gothong Lines. Trans-Asia acquired this ship in the early 2010 and completed reconfiguring the vessel on December, 2010 and she serves Cebu to Masbate route as a cargo vessel.
M/V Trans-Asia 3
M/V Trans-Asia 3 is the flagship vessel of Trans-Asia Shipping Lines, Inc. Formerly New Shikoku of Shikoku Ferry Line of Japan, it was acquired by the company in 2008. This passenger vessel has a length of 110 meters and can travel up to 20 knots. It serves Cebu to Cagayan de Oro route.
M/V Trans-Asia 2
M/V Asia Indonesia
M/V Asia Indonesia was acquired by Trans-Asia in the year 1991. The ship has a length of 61.3 meters. Asia Indonesia's used to serve Cebu to Masbate route. Asia Indonesia's sistership is the M/V Asia Brunei sold to Blue Magic Ferries. M/V Asia Indonesia has been serving Cebu to Iloilo route since August 1, 2011.
M/V Asia Philippines
M/V Asia Philippines was acquired by Trans-Asia from Japan. She serves Cebu to Iloilo route.
M/V Asia Pacific
M/V Asia Pacific was acquired by Trans-Asia in 1997. The is a cargo vessel which serves Cebu to Tacloban and Cebu to Zamboanga.
M/V Trans Asia 10
MV Trans-Asia 10 is Trans-Asia's latest acquisition and she serves Cebu and Cagayan de Oro.
M/V Asia China
The vessel ended its service last February 2013 and sold to other shipping companies in cebu
M/V Trans-Asia 1
M/V Asia Malaysia
M/V Asia Japan
M/V Asia Japan sold to KeyWest Shipping
M/V Asia Hongkong
M/V Asia Brunei
Asia Brunei was sold to Blue Magic Ferries as M/V BlueWater Princess 2
M/V Asia Singapore
M/V Asia Thailand
This vessel was destroyed by fire while docked at the Port of Cebu.
M/V Asia Taiwan
The vessel was sold to Asian Marine Transport System and renamed as M/V Super Shuttle Ferry 7
Ports of call
With Cebu as the company's home port, it serves other destinations such as:
- M/V Asia Taiwan is now the Super Shuttle Ferry 7 of Asian Marine Transport System
- M/V Asia Singapore is now the M/V Calbayog of the Cebuano-Based company FJ Palacio Lines Inc.
- M/V Asia Brunei is now the M/V Blue Water Princess 2 of Blue Magic Ferries
- M/V Asia Hong Kong was sold to Montenegro Lines and renamed as M/V Reina del Rosario
- Cebu - Cagayan de Oro - Daily - Trans-Asia 9/Trans-Asia 10
- Cagayan de Oro - Cebu - Daily - Trans-Asia 9/Trans-Asia 10
- Cebu - Ozamiz - Mon, Wed, Fri - Trans-Asia 3
- Ozamiz - Cebu - Tues, Thurs, Sun - Trans-Asia 3
- Cebu - Iligan - Wed and Fri - Trans-Asia 8
- Iligan - Cebu - Thu and Sat - Trans Asia 8
- Cebu - Iloilo - Mon, Wed, Fri - Trans-Asia 2
- Iloilo - Cebu - Tue, Thurs, Sat - Trans-Asia 2
- Cebu - Masbate - Monday - Trans-Asia 8
- Masbate - Cebu - Tuesday - Trans-Asia 8
- Cebu - Tagbilaran - Monday - Asia Philippines
- Tagbilaran - Cebu - Sunday - Asia Philippines
- Tagbilaran - Cagayan de Oro - Mon, Wed, Fri - Asia Philippines
- Cagayan de Oro - Tagbilaran - Tues, Thurs, Sat - Asia Philippines
- Zamboanga - Cebu - Tuesday - Asia Pacific (cargoes only)
- Cebu - Zamboanga - Sunday - Asia Pacific (cargoes only)
- Tacloban - Cebu - Saturday - Asia Pacific (cargoes only)
- Cebu - Tacloban - Thursday - Asia Pacific (cargoes only)
- Montenegro Lines
- Cebu Ferries
- Negros Navigation
- Sulpicio Lines
- Supercat Fast Ferry Corporation
- Roble Shipping Inc.
- List of shipping companies in the Philippines