|Company slogan||We conquer the sky for you.|
|Parent company||State Owned|
|Key people||Oleg Kudritsky (General Director)|
TransAVIAexport Airlines is a Belarusian national airline involved in air transportation of cargo. It is based at Minsk International Airport in Belarus, with a hub at Sharjah International Airport, in the United Arab Emirates.
TransAVIAexport Airlines was established in December 1992. After 15 years of operation the airline has become an active player in the international market of air transportation of cargo and has won recognition among clients for a reputation as a reliable partner. TransAVIAexport's aircraft may be seen in the airports in Europe, Asia, USA, South America, Australia, Antarctic, the Middle East and Africa. By establishing air links with many countries they have promoted contracts and closer ties between nations.
TransAVIAexport Airlines operated IL-76 heavy-lifters capable of transporting up to 45 tons of freight with a volume up to 210 cubic meters. IL-76 "Candid", a heavy ramp freighter, is one of the most efficient and demanded aircraft. The ability of this aircraft to operate in airport with undeveloped or underdeveloped infrastructure allows it to both meet the needs of entire regions in term of air cargo transportation, and significantly expand the customer base by attracting shippers who would normally use other ways of transportation.
TransAVIAexport Airlines fleet includes the following aircraft (as of February 2017):
Accidents and incidents
- On March 9, 2007, a TransAVIAexport Airlines Ilyushin Il-76TD (s/n 1003499991, registered EW-78826), on approach at Mogadishu, Somalia, was hit by a projectile, which was later confirmed to be a RPG by Belarus officials. The aircraft landed safely but sustained substantial damage.
- On March 23, 2007, a TransAVIAexport Airlines Ilyushin Il-76TD (s/n 1013405192, registered EW-78849) was shot down by an anti-aircraft missile while taking off from Mogadishu, Somalia.
- On August 22, 2017, a TransAVIAexport Airlines Ilyushin Il-76TD (registered EW-78799) on approach to Juba, South Sudan struck a tree short of the runway, destroying several houses and killing a 5-year-old girl.
- Hassan, Mohamed Olad. "Cargo Plane Is Shot Down in Somalia," Associated Press, March 23, 2007.
- "Accident: Trans Avia Export Cargo IL76 at Juba and Entebbe on Aug 22nd 2017, destroys two houses during go around in Juba, two main gear struts stuck in Entebbe". The Aviation Herald. Retrieved September 13, 2017.
Media related to Transavia Export at Wikimedia Commons