|Founded||New York, New York, United States (1992 )|
|Headquarters||New York City, United States|
|Liz Elting and Phil Shawe, Co-CEOs|
|Revenue||US$507 million (2015)|
Number of employees
|Slogan||The Leader in Global Language and Business Services|
TransPerfect Translations, known as "TransPerfect", is a translation services company based in New York City. The company provides "translation and discovery services" primarily to companies in the legal and healthcare fields. As of 2012[update], TransPerfect was "the largest privately owned language services provider, with offices in 75 cities worldwide".
The founders are Elizabeth Elting and Phil Shawe, who met at New York University in 1992. TransPerfect grew from a two-person dormitory-based operation into one of the largest privately held companies in the New York area.
TransPerfect has been noted for having moved against the trend of seeking investors for critical capital, rather relying on profit re-investment as their primary source of funding for growth. The notion that profit re-investment is the key to capital accumulation is a cornerstone of the Marxian concept of capital accumulation.
The company has focused on five growth strategies:
- Pleasing customers
- Acquiring companies
- Expanding geographically
- Creating a culture built on merit
- Never stop learning and networking
- Stengel, Geri (27 February 2013). "A $340 Million Company Shares Strategies For Growing Without Outside Funding". Forbes. Retrieved 11 January 2016.
- Stengel, Geri (11 January 2012). "Want to Grow the Economy? Change Four Attitudes About Women Entrepreneurs". Forbes. Retrieved 11 January 2016.
- "Top 125 Privately Held Companies". Crain's New York Business. Crain Communications, Inc. 19 November 2012. Retrieved 19 June 2013.