This article does not cite any sources. (November 2017) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
"Good Memories Start Here".
|Traded as||TWSE: 2451|
|Chongwan Shu (Chairman & CEO)|
|Products||Flash memory cards
USB flash drives
External hard drives
Personal cloud storage
Number of employees
Transcend Information, Inc. (Chinese: 創見資訊股份有限公司; pinyin: Chuàngjiàn Zīxùn Gǔfèn Yǒuxiàn Gōngsī) is a Taiwanese company headquartered in Taipei, Taiwan that manufactures and distributes memory products. Transcend's product portfolio consists of over 2,000 products including memory modules, flash memory cards, USB flash drives, portable hard drives, multimedia products, solid state drives, dashcams, body cameras, personal cloud storage, card readers and accessories.
It has offices in the United States, Germany, the Netherlands, United Kingdom, Japan, Hong Kong, China and South Korea. It was the first Taiwanese memory module manufacturer to receive ISO 9001 certification.
According to Gartner Research in 2013, Transcend was the world's No. 3 USB Flash Drive manufacturer, with 20% year-over-year market share growth, and the world's No. 5 Flash Card manufacturer. And, as per Gartner’s analysis of SSD global market share for 2015, Transcend ranked No. 4 in the industrial SSD market. Transcend has been recognized as one of Taiwan’s Top 20 global brands annually since 2007, with the highest brand value of $244 million USD.
Chung-Won Shu founded Transcend Information, Inc. in 1988, with its headquarters in Taipei, Taiwan. Its first products were: "JetMate" laser printer driver, for producing Chinese characters, and "KeyPro" software protection system. Today, Transcend has become a leading global brand of digital storage, multimedia, and embedded solutions with 14 offices worldwide. Adding to the main corporate headquarters in Taipei, Taiwan, Transcend opened overseas offices in Los Angeles (1990), Hamburg (1992), Rotterdam (1996), Tokyo (1997), Hong Kong (2000), Shanghai (2001), Beijing (2005), Shenzhen (2005), London (2005), Maryland (2005), Seoul (2008), Miami (2011) and Silicon Valley (2013). The manufacturing plants are located in Taipei and Shanghai. Transcend also opened 5 retail stores located across Taiwan. In 2000, Transcend moves into e-commerce by offering online direct B2C sales of Transcend-brand products in Taiwan.
- Memory cards - SD / CF / micro SD
- USB flash drives - USB3.0 / USB2.0
- External hard drives - Rugged series / Classic series/ 3.5" Desktop storage
- Solid-state drives - 2.5" SSDs / M.2 SSDs / mSATA SSDs / Portable SSDs
- Card readers - USB3.0 / USB2.0 / OTB USB
- Body cameras
- Personal cloud storage
- Apple solutions - Lightning/USB 3.1 flash drives / SSD upgrade kit / Expansion cards for MacBook Air and MacBook Pro / Portable hard drive and portable SSD for Mac
- Multimedia products - Digital media players/ DVD writers
- Memory modules - For Desktop/ Notebook / Server
- Embedded solutions
- Flash: SSD / CF / SD / MMC / eMMC / SATA Module / PATA Module / USB Module
- DRAM: Industrial temperature / Workstation / Server / Standard / Low voltage / Low profile
Taiwan, United States (Los Angeles, Maryland, Miami, Silicon Valley), Germany, The Netherlands, United Kingdom, Japan, South Korea, China (Beijing, Shanghai, Shenzhen), Hong Kong