||The topic of this article may not meet Wikipedia's notability guidelines for companies and organizations. (September 2010)|
|Industry||Distribution, Pharmaceuticals, Media, Electronics, Electrical|
|Headquarters||Dhaka, Chittagong, Bangladesh|
|Latifur Rahman (Chairman)|
Number of employees
Transcom Limited is a Bangladeshi business conglomerate. The businesses under this group include Beverage, Pharmaceuticals, Newspaper, Radio channel, Electronics, Foods etc. This group employs more than 10000 people. Transcom Group is one of the oldest and biggest companies in Bangladesh. Their operation in Bangladesh initially started in 1885 as a tea plantation company.
Transcom group started its journey in 1885 through tea plantations. This diversified business house now has interests in many segments in the industrial and service sectors in Bangladesh.Transcom is the local business partner of international brands like Pizza Hut, KFC, Pepsi and Philips. Leading Danish insulin manufacturer Novo Nordisk has also chosen Transcoms pharmaceutical company Eskayef as the sole manufacturer of its products after China and India in Asia.
Other aspects of the business include:
- Pharmaceuticals (Eskayef Bangladesh Ltd).
- Newspapers (Prothom Alo & The Daily Star)
- FM Radio (ABC Radio).
- Distribution (Transcom Distribution Company ltd.)
The chairman and CEO of Transcom Group Latifur Rahman won the prestigious 2012 Oslo Business for Peace Award for maintaining commitment to social responsibility and ethical values. Rahman is also the vice president of ICC Bangladesh, and chairman of Nestlé Bangladesh, Holcim Bangladesh and National Housing Finance and Investments.He is a director of Linde Bangladesh (formerly British Oxygen) and member of the governing board of BRAC, the world's largest non-governmental organisation.
List of companies
- Transcom Beverages Limited(7UP, Merinda, Sprite, Aquafina water, etc)
- Prothom Alo (Leading newspaper in Bangladesh)
- The Daily Star
- ABC Radio
- Transcom Foods Limited
- Transcom Electronics Limited
- Transcom Cables Limited
- Eskayef Bangladesh Limited
- Bangladesh Electrical Industries Ltd.
- Bangladesh Lamps Ltd.(BLL)
- Bangladesh Lamps Limited (BLL) is one of the oldest organization of the Transcom Group. Bangladesh Lamps Limited was established in Bangladesh in the year of 1962 at the time of East Pakistan, as East Pakistan Lamps Limited. They started the production of Philips GLS (General Lighting Services). BLL has other two production unit those are FTL(Fluorescent Tubular Lighting) and CFL(Compact Fluorescent Lighting). CFL Production unit started in 2008 and FTL started its production at 2011. The product of both CFL and FTL production units are branded as Transtec CFL and Transtec Tube Light. Almost 600 employees are working in BLL .It is enlisted as Engineering Firm in the Dhaka stock exchange .
- Tea Holdings Limited
- Transcom Distribution Co. Ltd.
- Saphtahik 2000
- Transcraft Limited
- Transfin Trading Limited
- Trinco Limited
- Transcom Mobile Ltd.