|This article relies too much on references to primary sources. (August 2012) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
|Traded as||TSX: TCL.A
|Industry||Printing – Publishing – Flexible Packaging - Interactive Services|
|Founder||Rémi Marcoux, Claude Dubois and André Kingsley|
|Headquarters||1 Place Ville Marie, Montreal, Quebec, Canada|
|Revenue||$2.0 billion (2015)|
Number of employees
|More than 8,000|
TC Transcontinental Printing
TC Transcontinental Packaging
TC Transcontinental is a publishing, media and marketing company based in Montreal, Quebec, Canada. TC Transcontinental is a subsidiary of Transcontinental Inc. (TSX: TCL.A, TCL.B, TCL.PR.D) which has operations in Canada and the United States, and reported revenue of C$2.0 billion in 2015.
On November 23, 2011, Transcontinental changed their name to TC Transcontinental, to reflect their increasing presence in digital publications.
Among its media properties are publications such as Les Affaires, Investment Executive and Finance et Investissement, and close to 180 local newspapers like The Guardian in Charlottetown, and The Telegram in St. John's. TC Transcontinental is also one of the Canadian publishing partners of Metro International, holding complete ownership of the Montreal and a partial ownership of Halifax editions of the Metro free daily newspaper.
TC Transcontinental is also a distributor of door-to-door advertising material in Canada, with Publisac in Quebec and Targeo in the rest of Canada. TC Transcontinental also provides custom publishing and mailing services.
TC Transcontinental made two strategic acquisitions in 2014. First, it acquired the assets of Capri Packaging, a flexible packaging supplier in the United States, thereby opening up a promising new avenue of growth. Second, the Competition Bureau approved the purchase of the 74 Quebec weekly papers owned by Sun Media Corporation, allowing TC Transcontinental to further develop its local solutions offering.
In November 2014, TC Media announced the sale of its consumer magazines produced in Montreal and Toronto to TVA Group. The Competition Bureau approved the transaction in March and it was completed in April.
In 2015, it acquired Ultra Flex Packaging, a flexible packaging supplier in Brooklyn, United States and in 2016, Robbie Manufacturing in Lenexa, Kansas.
Partial list of newspapers and websites owned by TC Media. For a more complete listing, go to : http://tctranscontinental.com/contact/tc-media/local-solutions
- Newfoundland and Labrador
- Nova Scotia
- The Cape Breton Post
- The Truro Daily News
- The Amherst News
- The News (New Glasgow)
- The Annapolis Valley Register
- The Yarmouth County Vanguard
- The Queens County Advance
- The Advertiser
- Nova Scotia Business Journal
- Prince Edward Island
- L'Action (Joliette)
- Le Courrier Laval (Laval)
- Le Messager (Verdun)
- Québec Express (Quebec, Quebec)
- L'Appel (Quebec, Quebec)
- Le Canada Français (Monteregie)
- Courrier Ahuntsic (Montreal, Quebec)
- Le Courrier de Chicoutimi (Saguenay-Lac-St-Jean , Quebec)
- Courrier Frontenac (Chaudière-Appalaches)
- L'Hebdo Journal (Montreal, Quebec)
- L'information du Nord (Laurentides)
- Journal de Rosemont La Petite Patrie (Montreal)
- La Nouvelle Union (Centre-du-Québec)
- Le Pharillon (Gaspésie)
- Le Progrès de Coaticook (Estrie)
- Le Journal de Sherbrooke (Estrie)
TC Transcontinental has 23 printing plants across Canada and United States (as of September 16, 2015).
In January 2016 Toronto Star announced it will outsource its newspaper printing to Transcontinental with a five-year contract beginning in July 2016. The newspaper's printing needs in the Greater Toronto Area will be from the TC's Vaughan plant, which will lead to the closure of the Toronto Star Press Centre.
TC Transcontinental Packaging has 2 plants in Clinton, Missouri, 1 plant in Brooklyn and 1 plant in Lenexa, Kansas, United States.
- Isabelle Marcoux: Chairman of the Board, Transcontinental Inc.
- François Olivier: President and Chief Executive Officer, Transcontinental Inc.
- Nelson Gentiletti: Chief Financial and Development Officer, Transcontinental Inc.
- Brian Reid: President, TC Transcontinental Printing and TC Transcontinental Packaging
- Christine Desaulniers, Chief Legal Officer and Corporate Secretary, TC Transcontinental
- Katya Laviolette, Chief Human Resources Officer, TC Transcontinental
- Donald LeCavalier, Senior Vice President, Finance, TC Transcontinental
- Transcontinental launches a new brand image – November 23rd, 2011 Archived January 17, 2013, at the Wayback Machine.