Transfare tickets are valid on:
- All Tyne & Wear Metro services.
- Northern services between Newcastle and Sunderland via Heworth.
- Northern services between Newcastle and Blaydon via MetroCentre.
A rail journey counts as a single 'leg', even if it involves a change between Metro lines or between Metro and Northern Rail services.
Use of bus service 333 between the North Shields ferry landing and North Shields Interchange counts as part of the ferry 'leg'
Interchange between buses is permitted in one of three circumstances.
- Changing in Washington.
- Changing in Sunderland to or from an express bus service.
- Changing in Gateshead, Blaydon or Heworth when travelling to or from the MetroCentre.
- The final segment of the journey must start within 90 minutes of the ticket being issued.
- The complete journey must be entirely within Tyne and Wear.