Transformational acquisition is an acquisition of a company or a division of it with the aim to jointly establish a new business model or to enrich the offer for its customers by different expertise and new solutions. This may be different production technologies or new capacity.
List of examples for Transformational Acquisitions
|1999||Vodafone Airtouch PLC||Mannesmann||220 bill. US$|
|1996||Novartis||Ciba-Geigy and Sandoz||30 bill. US$|
|2014||MMG||Las Bambas||5.85 bill. US$|
|2015||Clinigen Group||IDIS Pharma||225 mill. £|
|2015||Electrovaya||Evonik Litarion||not published|
- McKinsey & Company, Insights & Publications, 2010: The five types of successful acquisitions
- Globalnewswire, April 2015: Electrovaya Completes Transformational Acquisition of Evonik-Litarion
- value and opportunity, July 2012: Red flags for investments: “Transformational” acquisitions
- Beyondthedeal.net, Nov. 2012: Carrying out a successful Transformational Acquisition and Integration
- strategy-business.com, May 2014: Deals That Transform Companies
- "Mannesmann to accept bid - February 3, 2000". CNN. February 3, 2000.
- Bloomberg, July 2014: Las Bambas Transformational Acquisition
- Insidermedia, April 2015: Clinigen completes "transformational" acquisition