Logo of the series
|Theme music composer|
|Country of origin||United States|
|No. of seasons||3|
|No. of episodes||62 (list of episodes)|
(United States and worldwide)
Takara Tomy (Japan)
|Original network||Cartoon Network|
|Original release||August 27, 2018 –|
June 7, 2020
Transformers: Cyberverse (retitled Transformers: Bumblebee Cyberverse Adventures in season 3) is a cel shaded computer animated series based on the Transformers toy franchise by Hasbro produced by Boulder Media Limited and Allspark Animation for Cartoon Network.
When Bumblebee begins to suffer amnesia, his partner, Windblade, comes to the rescue, and begins the process of helping him repair his memory files, enabling him to rediscover his past adventures on Cybertron. Once his memories are repaired, Bumblebee gets a clue that will lead both him and Windblade to complete their current mission and save their friends, unaware that Megatron sent his Decepticon assassins to hunt them down.
Prior to the series, Cybertron was a peaceful planet, but when Megatron was elected supreme ruler of Cybertron, half of the planet's inhabitants protest against his rule which escalated into a civil war in an effort to overthrow him and his rule.
During the war on Cybertron between the Autobots and Decepticons, Optimus Prime decides to throw the Allspark through a space bridge to an unknown location. The Allspark holds all Cybertronian life and possesses vast powers that must not fall in the hands of the Decepticons. Eventually, it becomes clear that Cybertron is slowly dying without the Allspark. Optimus Prime goes on a journey to the Allspark on a spaceship called 'the Ark' together with Bumblebee, Arcee, Prowl, Grimlock, Ratchet, Wheeljack, Chromia, Rack'n'Ruin, Drift, Teletraan-1 and Teletraan-X. Due to energon shortage, all Autobots have to go into stasis. The Ark finds the Allspark on Earth, but it gets damaged and crashes. Bumblebee and Grimlock fall out of the ship before the Ark hits the surface. Bumblebee stays in stasis, but Grimlock befriends the dinosaurs and teaches them Cybertronian technology. They search the entire planet for the Ark and the Allspark, but then a meteorite crashes on Earth. The dinosaurs go extinct and Grimlock goes back into stasis.
The first chapter focuses on Windblade who was the only bot able to get through a partially repaired space bridge. She lands on Earth in search for the Ark. She only finds Bumblebee, who has now awoken from stasis, but has lost all his memory files. Windblade has got telepathic powers and helps Bumblebee to restore his memory. Old memories from Cybertron and the journey on the Ark are rediscovered in every episode. Meanwhile, they have to defend themselves against several Decepticons, who are also looking for the Ark and the Allspark.
Eventually, they find Teletraan-X, a flying hard drive of the Ark, and they manage to awake Grimlock. Teletraan-X is able to locate the Ark with the data Grimlock has collected. They manage to awake everyone from stasis right before Starscream arrives on Earth with his Decepticon armada.
Chapter Two: Power of the Spark
Following the Autobots' reawakening, they and Decepticons continue their war on Earth as Megatron attempts to slam the moon into the planet. In the ensuing battle, Megatron is wounded by Optimus Prime, and when Starscream refuses to aid him, Megatron names Slipstream the new commander of the Seekers. Tired of being humiliated and insulted by Megatron, Starscream attacks him and briefly takes command of the Decepticons. However, Megatron survives the attempt and apparently kills Starscream in revenge, leaving his body on the moon. Meanwhile, the Autobots destroy the device the Decepticons were trying to use to make the moon smash into Earth, but as they celebrate their victory, Bumblebee sees a yellow, spotted Earth creature watching him.
With help from Arcee, Bumblebee is able to identify the creature as a cheetah. The cheetah is eventually seen by Megatron, and both he and Optimus Prime learn that this cheetah is Cheetor, a Cybertronian created by the AllSpark to serve as its guardian. Cheetor holds a contest where Optimus and Megatron battle one another to see who is worthy of holding the AllSpark. But before a winner can be determined, a still-living Starscream appears and steals the AllSpark for himself. Using the AllSpark and Vector Sigma, the now-insane Starscream creates an army of Scraplets, planning to use the AllSpark's power to kill everyone who opposes him. Slipstream tries to warn the Decepticons and Autobots of Starscream's plan, but is only successful in informing Windblade before being killed by the Decepticon Bludgeon, who believes that she had sided with Starscream like most of the Seekers had done.
Powered by the AllSpark, Starscream attacks both sides, but is driven off by Cheetor, who has now sided with the Autobots. Later, the Autobot Jetfire and Decepticon Sky-Byte come to Earth, pursuing one another to put an end to their rivalry. Starscream pits the two against one another to distract both sides from his plans, but this eventually leads to the two leading their respective sides right to him. After absorbing the sparks of his fellow Seekers, Starscream attempts to do the same to the Autobots and Decepticons, but Optimus uses the Matrix of Leadership to rob Starscream of the AllSpark. Cheetor recovers it for the Autobots, and they also take Starscream prisoner.
With the AllSpark in hand, the Autobots leave Earth to return to Cybertron. Unknown to them, the Decepticons use a Space Bridge built by Shockwave to get back to their home first. During the journey back to Cybertron, Windblade uses the AllSpark to reawaken Croaton, an ancient Titan who was forced into emergency stasis by an unknown force that kidnapped the colonists who were traveling with him. As Croaton departs into space to find his missing colonists, he unknowingly picks up an escaping Starscream as a passenger. Eventually, the Autobots discover another Space Bridge which they use to travel to Cybertron, unaware that Megatron has already conquered the planet and is leading the Autobots into a trap.
Chapter Three: Bumblebee Cyberverse Adventures
The third and final season consists of the final battle between Autobots and Decepticons and the fate of Cybertron after the two factions are forced to unite against the invading Quintessons. But even then, the planet is still not united, with Autobots and Decepticons populating a half of the planet each. Things come full circle in the series finale, bringing both factions to an alternate and more tyrannical version of Megatron from other universe with his perfect Decepticon Army.
|Season premiere||Season finale|
|1||18||None||September 1, 2018||December 29, 2018|
|2||18||Power of the Spark||September 7, 2019||January 4, 2020|
|3||26||Bumblebee: Cyberverse Adventures||March 15, 2020||June 7, 2020|
Transformers: Cyberverse was first announced during Hasbro Media and Investor Day in August 2017. The first season, titled "Chapter 1", would air in 2018, while a second season, titled "Chapter 2", is set to air on 2019. The series puts more emphasis on characters. The first season consists of eighteen eleven-minute episodes.
On October 14, 2017, a first look of the series was revealed, along with the synopsis.
On December 9, 2017, Dan Salgarolo, who previously worked on Transformers: Robots in Disguise, has joined the series. On April 9, 2018, voice actor Lianne Marie Dobbs has also joined the series.
A 1-minute clip from the episode "Megatron is My Hero" was previewed at the 2018 San Diego Comic-Con, alongside the show's intro.
On August 23, 2018, a trailer was released, with the premiere date revealed to be September 1, 2018.
On February 9, 2019, it was announced that season 2 would be released in Q4 2019.
Broadcast and release
The series premiered in the United States on Cartoon Network, with the first two episodes released earlier on the Cartoon Network App on August 27, 2018 and debuting on television on September 1, 2018; starting with the third episode, subsequent episodes are released in advance on Fridays on the Cartoon Network App before the television broadcast. In Canada, the series premiered on Teletoon on September 16, 2018 and YTV on September 28, 2018.
Internationally, the series premiered on RTL 7 in the Netherlands on September 2, 2018, on Cartoon Network on September 29, 2018 in Australia, October 2, 2018 in Latin America, October 27, 2018 in India, Central and Eastern Europe, and the United Kingdom, and on Gulli on October 7, 2018 in France.
Hasbro started to release the series on its official YouTube channel since September 7, 2018. Episodes in many other languages have followed suit. Unlike other web shows on Hasbro's YouTube channel, only select languages are available for specific regions, whilst the rest are region-locked.
The first six episodes of season one were released on Region 4 DVD in Australia on February 20, 2019 by Beyond Home Entertainment. The second installment was released on DVD in April 2019 followed by the third and final release in June. Season two has yet to be released on DVD.
|2019||Irish Animation Awards||Best Writer for an Animated Series||Episode: "Megatron Is My Hero" (Peter Di Cicco)||Nominated|||
|Best Sound Design||Episode: "Matrix of Leadership" (Windmill Lane)||Nominated|
- "Transformers: Cyberverse (cartoon) - Transformers Wiki". tfwiki.net. Retrieved 2018-08-23.
- Trumbore, Dave (February 14, 2020). "Exclusive: 'Transformers: Cyberverse' Season 3 Trailer Teases Bumblebee's Return to Cybertron".
- "Hasbro Q2 Corporate Call - Cyberverse on Cartoon Network, Transformers 6, Bumblebee, More!". TFormers. July 23, 2018. Archived from the original on July 23, 2018. Retrieved August 28, 2018.
- Mueller, Matthew (October 14, 2017). "Exclusive: Your First Look At The New Transformers: Cyberverse Animated Series". ComicBook.com. Archived from the original on October 17, 2017. Retrieved October 17, 2017.
- Newsdesk, The Hot Press. "Boulder Media Announces Plans To Open Second Studio Space in Dublin". Hotpress.
- "TFW2005 Coverage Of Hasbro Media And Investor Day 2017". Transformers News. August 3, 2017. Archived from the original on August 20, 2017. Retrieved November 25, 2017.
- "Hasbro Studios Sales Guide" (PDF). Hasbro Studios. Archived from the original on April 13, 2018. Retrieved April 13, 2018.
- "Hasbro Applies For A New Cybertron Trademark Attached To Transformers: Cyberverse - Transformers News - TFW2005". Transformer World 2005 - TFW2005.COM. September 25, 2017.
- "Trademark Status & Document Retrieval". tsdr.uspto.gov.
- "Dan Salgarolo Joins Transformers: Cyberverse - Transformers News - TFW2005". Transformer World 2005 - TFW2005.COM. December 9, 2017.
- Dobbs, Lianne Marie (April 9, 2018). "Recorded episodes for Transformers: Cyberverse, as Slipstream, female Decepticon. Thank you @heigaav for an awesomely smooth recording session. Recorded live in Miami with the director 'plugged in' from NYC and the writer in LA!". Instagram. Facebook. Archived from the original on April 13, 2018. Retrieved April 13, 2018.
- [dead link]
- Breznican, Anthony (August 23, 2018). "First Look: Watch the trailer for the 1980s-inspired Transformers: Cyberverse". Entertainment Weekly. Meredith Corporation. Archived from the original on August 23, 2018. Retrieved August 28, 2018.
- "Transformers: Cyberverse Season 2 Release Information - Transformers News - TFW2005". Transformer World 2005 - TFW2005.COM. February 9, 2019.
- "Transformers: Cyberverse Season 3 Greenlit, Possible TV Movie Listed - Transformers News - TFW2005". Transformer World 2005 - TFW2005.COM. September 28, 2019.
- Denise Peltski (November 20, 2018). "'Transformers: Cyberverse' Heads To Europe, Middle East, Africa & Latin America On Cartoon Network". Deadline. Retrieved January 6, 2019.
- "Teletoon's Fall 2018 highlights includes Bravest Warriors, Super Dinosaur, Transformers Cyberverse". I Miss Bionix. August 30, 2018.
- [dead link]
- [dead link]
- "Transformers Cyberverse em outubro no Cartoon Network". ANMTV.
- "Cartoon Network Central Eastern Europe And Boomerang Central Eastern Europe October 2018 Highlights". RegularCapital. September 13, 2018.
- "Cartoon Network UK November 2018 Highlights". RegularCapital. October 16, 2018.
- "Transformers - Cyberverse - Série Animation - Programme TV Gulli". www.gulli.fr.
- Hasbro (2018-09-07), NEW SERIES - Transformers Cyberverse - ‘Fractured’ 💿 Episode 1, retrieved 2018-09-17
- "Transformers Cyberverse Vol. 01 (Episodes 1-10) Available On ITunes - Transformers News - TFW2005". Transformer World 2005 - TFW2005.COM. November 6, 2018.
- "Transformers Cyberverse, Vol. 1" – via itunes.apple.com.
- "Transformers: Cyberverse Region 4 DVD Release Coming In February 2019 - Transformers News - TFW2005". Transformer World 2005 - TFW2005.COM. January 3, 2019.
- "Animation Ireland Announces the Irish Animation Awards 2019 Nominations!". Animation Ireland. February 7, 2019. Retrieved February 24, 2019.