Jump to navigation Jump to search
|Look up transgression in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
Transgression may be:
- A Biblical transgression is a violation of God's Ten Commandments or other element of God's moral law; sin (1 John 3:4)
- A legal transgression, a crime usually created by a social or economic boundary
- In civil law jurisdictions, a transgression or a contravention is a smaller breach of law, similar to summary offence in common law jurisdictions.
- A social transgression, violating a norm
Science and mathematics
- Transgression map in cohomology
- Transgression (geology), a relative rise in sea level resulting in deposition of marine strata over terrestrial strata
- Transgression (genetics), a peculiar case of heterosis, showing extreme phenotypes in a hybrid offspring.
- Transgression, a novel by Theo Fenraven
- Transgressions, a novel based in the English Civil War by Erastes
- Transgressions: Volume Two, a short story collection by Stephen King and John Farris
- Transgressive fiction, a literary style
Film, television, and music
- Transgression (1931 film), a 1931 film starring Kay Francis
- Transgression (1974 film), a 1974 South Korean film by Kim Ki-young
- Transgression (2011 film), a 2011 film starring Michael Ironside, Maria Grazia Cucinotta, Jonathan Keltz, and Carlos Bardem
- Cinema of Transgression, a film movement using shock value and humor
- Transgression (album), 2005 release from industrial metal band Fear Factory
- Relational transgression when people violate implicit or explicit relational rules.
| disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title Transgression.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.