|Commenced operation||August 1982|
|Ceased operation||February 2007|
|Service type||Bus services|
|Fleet||86 (February 2007)|
Transit First was an Australian bus company operating in the south-western suburbs of Sydney.
Transit First's origins can be traced back to August 1982 when Peter Threlkeld purchased Holswothy Bus Co with 15 buses and services between Liverpool, Holswothy and East Hills adopting the trading name of Westway Bus & Coach Service. In July 1987 Milperra Bus Co was purchased with services between Milperra and Bankstown.
In January 1997 Westway purchased the routes 915 to 921 in the Auburn and Bankstown area from Crossley Bus Lines. In May 2003 Bankstown-Strathfield Bus Service and West Bankstown Bus Service were purchased from the Treuer family. In July 2003 the combined operation was rebranded as Transit First.
Due to the Sydney Metropolitan Bus Service Contracts that started in January 2005, some of the Baxter's Bus Lines were transferred to Connex and Transit First. In September 2006, the services that were transferred to Connex were eventually replaced by new services which were operated by Transit First.
Transit First operated 15 bus routes in south-western Sydney:
- 900: Liverpool - Burwood via Bankstown
- 901: Liverpool - Holsworthy via Wattle Grove
- 902: Liverpool - Holsworthy via Moorebank
- 902X: Voyager Point, Pleasure Point, Sandy Point
- 903: Liverpool - Chipping Norton - Liverpool
- 904: Liverpool - Fairfield via Lansvale
- 905: Fairfield - Bankstown via Villawood
- 909: Bankstown - Parramatta via Auburn
- 911: Bankstown - Auburn via Chester Hill
- 913: Bankstown - Strathfield via Roberts Road
- 914: Greenacre - Strathfield
- 915: Lidcombe - University via TAFE
- 925: Bankstown - Condell Park - East Hills
Shopper Hopper services
- S1: Lansvale - Cabramatta Shops
- S2: Auburn Botanic Gardens - Auburn Shops
Westway operated a varied fleet of Albions, Hinos, Leylands, MANs and Volvos. In the late 1990s it standardised on Mercedes-Benz O405s. Westway adopted a white, red and blue livery. Transit First adopted a white, green and blue livery.
- New South Wales Bus Operators and Fleet Listings. Sydney: Historic Commercial Vehicle Association. 1993. p. 121.
- "Crossley Bus Lines" Fleetline March 1998 page 66
- "Crossley Bus Lines" Fleetline May 1998 page 100
- Westway / Transit First Australian Bus Fleet Lists
- Transit First launches Archived 16 June 2013 at archive.today Australasian Bus & Coach
- Baxter's Bus Lines February 2005 Home Page
- Sydney Bus Routes 900-999 Sydney Bus Routes Retrieved 12 February 2014
- Veolia Transport NSW Australian Bus Fleet Lists
- Veolia to expand Sydney bus services Sydney Morning Herald 9 January 2007
- Transit First Bus Australia Photo Gallery