Transitional Learning Center
|Founder||Robert L. Moody|
|Headquarters||Galveston, Texas, USA|
The Transitional Learning Center (TLC) is a post-acute brain injury rehabilitation facility headquartered in the island city of Galveston, Texas. It was started by the non-profit Moody Foundation in 1982, in response to a brain injury suffered by a son of trustee Robert L. Moody. The center provides survivors of acute brain injury with rehabilitation services needed to help patients overcome their injuries and regain independence. In order to provide additional space for post-acute brain injury rehabilitation, in 2008 the center opened a branch facility in Lubbock, Texas, to help serve needs of people throughout the southwest United States. TLC President and Medical Director, Dr. Brent Masel, is also the Brain Injury Association of America's National Director.  TLC Director of Neuropsychology, Dr. Dennis Zgaljardic, is a past president of the Houston Neuropsychological Society.
The center offers rehabilitation services for a wide range of acquired brain injuries, from traumatic brain injury to recovery from strokes. Services are provided by licensed therapists in the fields of neuropsychology, occupational therapy, physical therapy, speech and language therapy and therapeutic recreation. Currently TLC operates 40 inpatient rehabilitation beds at its Galveston headquarters and 16 inpatient beds at its Lubbock facility.
In addition to providing medical treatment and support, TLC is involved with extensive brain research programs and offers educational training programs for the medical field. Current research is focusing on five research areas; physical health, growth hormone and tbi, hypopituitarism, neuroendocrine and exercise, and neuropsychological testing  In 2008 the center received part of a $33 million grant from the United States Department of Defense to help perform research into mild-brain injuries and concussions. 
The center is heavily dependent on grants from the Moody Foundation, receiving at least $2 million a year from the foundation to help with costs. As recently as 2005 the foundation expended $38.1 million USD towards supporting and expanding the Transitional Learning Center and its programs.
Long term facilities
- TLC to open post-acute brain injury rehabilitation program in Lubbock
- "Dr. Brent Masel Named BIAA National Medical Director". Brain Injury Association of America. Retrieved 2011-08-08.
- "About HNS". Houston Neuropsychological Society. Retrieved 2011-08-08.
- "Ex-Sen. Bentsen heads for home / Treatment center's doctor says he's `doing very well' after strokes". Houston Chronicle. Retrieved 2009-11-09.
- "TLC Galveston Key Staff". Transitional Learning Center. Retrieved 2011-08-08.
- Director of Business Development, TLC
- "Research at TLC". Transitional Learning Center. Retrieved 2011-08-08.
- "Brain injury researchers get $33 million for study". Houston Chronicle. Retrieved 2009-11-09.
- "Foundation board mulls suit against Moody over funds". Houston Chronicle. Retrieved 2009-11-09.
- "2005 Annual Financial Report" (PDF). Moody Foundation. Retrieved 2009-11-09.
- "'IT WAS A BLAST' / Water sports provide sense of exhilaration for physically disabled". Houston Chronicle. Retrieved 2009-11-09.
- About Tideway