This article needs additional citations for verification. (May 2011) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Transmountain railroads are railroads that need to cross dauntingly high mountain ranges to cross between countries on one side to the other. The Himalayan Mountains, Andes and the Alps would be cases in point. Because of construction difficulties, some such railways are yet to be built. With globalisation and trade liberalisation, the economic viability of constructing of these railways is improving. 
Myanmar to China
Pakistan to China
- Mountain railway
- List of railroad crossings of the North American continental divide
- Principal passes of the Alps
- Qinghai–Tibet Railway
- Trans-Andean railways
- Trans-Asian Railway
- Transcontinental railroad
- "Connecting China and Europe". Railway Gazette International. 25 April 2011. Retrieved 16 September 2011.
- "Myanmar to build railroad linking China's border town". China Daily. 20 November 2009. Retrieved 16 September 2011.
- Fazl-e-Haider, Syed (24 February 2007). "China-Pakistan rail link on horizon". Asia Times. Retrieved 16 September 2011.
|This rail-transport related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|