Transvision (Indonesia)

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Jump to navigation Jump to search
PT Indonusa Telemedia
Transvision
FormerlyTelkomVision (1997–2014)
TypeSubsidiary
IndustrySatellite television
Founded7 May 1997 (1997-05-07)
Headquarters,
Area served
Indonesia
Key people
Chairul Tanjung (President Commissioner)
Ishadi S.K. (Commissioner)
Peter F. Gontha (Co-founder and President Director)
Atiek Nur Wahyuni (Vice President Director)
Hengkie Liwanto (Director)
OwnerTrans Media (PT Indonusa Telemedia)[1]
ParentCT Corp
Websitewww.transvision.co.id

PT Indonusa Telemedia, branded as Transvision is a subscription-based direct broadcast satellite provider service for Indonesia. It is Trans Media, a subsidiary of CT Corp.[2]

Transvision's slogan is Broadcasting at The Edge of Technology.

Early history[edit]

PT Indonusa Telemedia was established on May 7, 1997, with the brand name TelkomVision. They began operations in 1999 and started as a company consisting of several shareholders:

By 2003, Telkom became its principal shareholder by holding 98.75% share of TelkomVision, while the rest (1.25%) is owned by Datakom, which was owned by Peter F. Gontha, Bambang Trihatmodjo, Anthoni Salim cs, which also own a stake in SCTV, Cipta Aneka Selaras, Indovision and Kabelvision.[3]

Transvision's first logo (2014-2021)

In 2014, TelkomVision officially rebranded as Transvision due to TelkomVision shareholders only 20% and now owned by Trans Media which became its principal shareholder by holding 80%. Now Transvision is fully owned by joint venture between Telkom Group and Trans Media.

Cable TV[edit]

Transvision coverage area for analog cable TV is limited to a number of cities in Indonesia, such as Jakarta, Bandung, Semarang, and Surabaya. It has also a digital cable service that covers Bandung, Jakarta, and Surabaya.[citation needed] Now replaced by IndiHome which still owned by Telkom Indonesia, as of 2021.

Satellite TV[edit]

Transvision's satellite service covers 38 distributor areas in Indonesia. Transvision is using the Measat 3B satellite (Ku-band) to provide High Definition TV.[citation needed]

Subscribers[edit]

At April 2011, TelkomVision has 200,000 subscribers and was planned be boosted up to 500,000 at end of the year using security and media technology software, Irdeto's Conditional Access System. The lowest Hit Family package costs Rp.55,000 ($6.4) per month, but Transvision would soon release a cheaper product to introduce pay TV broadcasts.[4]

References[edit]

External links[edit]