|This article relies too much on references to primary sources. (November 2011) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
|Frequency||4 per year|
|Company||TEN: The Enthusiast Network Media|
|Based in||Carlsbad, California|
Transworld Snowboarding is an American magazine and website focused on the snowboarding culture. The magazine is now published 4 times a year and features the sport, culture and lifestyle of modern snowboarding.
Transworld Snowboarding has been published since the Fall of 1987 and is distributed internationally. Kevin Kinnear was the founding editor and Guy Motil was the first photo editor. It is the most widely-subscribed snowboard magazine in the world with over 1.3 million copies sold annually, compared to Snowboarder Magazine at 800,000 annually ). Transworld Snowboarding is under the brand of TransWorld Media, which also publishes the magazines TransWorld Skateboarding and others. It is currently edited by Annie Fast, aided by Nick Hamilton as photo/video editor (formerly of Whitelines Snowboard Magazine).
From the very launch of the magazine, the Transworld owners and editorial staff were instrumental in petitioning ski resorts to allow snowboarding. During the late 90s, a visit by "The Chameleon," a undercover splitboarder who would reassemble his snowboard at the top of the lift and ride down, was the editorial staff's famous instrument of choice for calling attention to the last ski resort holdouts including Alta, Park City, Aspen Mountain, Keystone, and Taos.
On October 15, 2002, Infogrames/Atari released a video game for the Xbox console titled Transworld Snowboarding developed by Housemarque. In 2005, the magazine and its likeness began appearing in the SSX videogame franchise, beginning with SSX On Tour.
Transworld Snowboarding+ In October 2010, Transworld Snowboarding launched the iPad edition of the magazine, called Transworld Snowboarding+. The iPad app features the print version of the magazine as well as iPad-only content like embedded videos, streaming audio and clickable links.
- "eCirc for Consumer Magazines". Alliance for Audited Media. December 31, 2012. Retrieved February 23, 2013.
- The Conception Of A Legacy
- Transworld Online Media Kit
- http://snowboarding.transworld.net/photos/the-chameleon-rides-again/ The Chameleon Rides Again!
- "TransWorld Snowboarding Review" "IGN", Retrieved December 5, 2010
- Bonnier, Source Interlink Exchange Titles
- "TransWorld SNOWboarding's Trick Tip iPhone App Available" "TransWorld iPhone Press Release", Retrieved December 5, 2010
- "The new digital version of TransWorld SNOWboarding on the iPad, available now" "TransWorld iPad App", Retrieved December 5, 2010
- "TransWorld Snowboarding+""iTunes Link", Retrieved December 5, 2010