Trapped in the Body of a White Girl
|Trapped in the Body of a White Girl|
|Studio album by Julie Brown|
|Genre||Pop, synthpop, electronic, comedy|
|Label||Sire/Warner Bros. Records
|Producer||Julie Brown, Terrence E. McNally|
|Julie Brown chronology|
Brown independently re-released the CD in 2007 via her own pressing and available through her website. The rights to the album were sold in a larger deal to the Noble Rot label, which re-released it officially in 2010.
Though Brown is a comedian, not all of the songs are strictly comedic in nature. The singles "I Like 'em Big and Stupid", "Trapped in the Body of a White Girl" and "Girl Fight Tonight!" were released. "Homecoming Queen" was a B-side to "Stupid" and was far more successful and popular, but did not feature on a single of its own. Brown would not release another music recording until 2005.
- "Trapped in the Body of a White Girl" - 3:58
- "I Like 'em Big and Stupid" - 3:49
- "Shut Up and Kiss Me" - 3:08
- "Inside Every Girl" - 3:40
- "Time Slips Away" - 4:14
- "Callin' Your Heart" - 3:49
- "Boys 'R A Drug" - 3:41
- "Girl Fight Tonight!" - 3:42
- "Every Boy's Got One" - 3:25
- "The Homecoming Queen's Got a Gun" - 4:40
- "Picks and Pans Review: Trapped in the Body of a White Girl". People. November 2, 1987.
- "Valley Girl Is Only One Shade of Julie Brown". The Los Angeles Times. February 8, 1990.