|Look up Trauma or trauma in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
|Look up Traumata or traumata in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
|Look up traumatic or traumàtic in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
In physical medicine, major trauma is injury or damage to a biological organism caused by physical harm from an external source. Major trauma is also injury that can potentially lead to serious long-term outcomes like chronic pain.
A traumatic injury is an injury caused by external force, but which does not rise to the level of major trauma. Traumatic injuries are distinguished from other causes of injury, such as iatrogenic injuries.
In psychology, psychological trauma is a type of damage to the psyche that occurs as a result of a severely distressing event.
Trauma may also refer to:
Film and television
- Trauma (1962 film), an American film by Robert M. Young
- Red Rings of Fear, a 1978 film sometimes known as Trauma
- Trauma (1993 film), a horror film by Dario Argento
- Trauma (2004 film), a psychological thriller by Marc Evans
- Trauma (U.S. TV series), a 2009 medical drama set in San Francisco
- Trauma (Canadian TV series), a 2010 medical drama set in Montreal
Artists and record labels
- Trauma (band), an American heavy metal band
- Trauma (Polish band), a Polish death metal band
- Trauma Records, a record label
- Trauma (album), a 2005 album by DJ Quik
- "Trauma" (song), a song by Ayumi Hamasaki
- "Day Twelve: Trauma", a song by Ayreon from The Human Equation
- Trauma, a song by a progressive rock band Snovi
- "Glitter and Trauma", a song by Biffy Clyro, which opens their 2004 album, Infinity Land
- Traumatology, scientific study of injuries caused by external sources
- Trauma (journal), a quarterly peer-reviewed medical journal
- Trauma team, a multidisciplinary group of healthcare workers who collectively work together
- Traumatic alopecia, a cutaneous condition that results from the forceful pulling out of the scalp hair
- Traumatic anserine folliculosis, a curious gooseflesh-like follicular hyperkeratosis
- Traumatic bone cyst, a condition of the jaws
- Traumatic neuroma, a type of neuroma which results from trauma to a nerve, usually during a surgical procedure
- Trauma, Violence, & Abuse, a peer-reviewed academic journal that covers research
- Trauma (wrestler)
- Trauma II (born 1982), Mexican luchador enmascarado, or masked professional wrestler
- Tacoma Trauma, an expansion team of the Women's Football Alliance that was set to begin play in 2012
- Los Traumas, the name of a Mexican professional wrestling tag team
- Trauma (comics), a character associated with Avengers: The Initiative in the Marvel Universe
- Trauma (video game), a 2011 graphic adventure game
- Trauma Studios, an American computer game development company
- Baltimore Trauma, professional paintball team from North Carolina
- Trauma Center (series), a surgical-based video game
- Troma Entertainment, film company specializing in independent, horror, and exploitation films
- Trauma (novel), a 2008 novel by British author Patrick McGrath
- All pages beginning with "Trauma"
- All pages with a title containing Trauma
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title Trauma.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.