Traumatology Institute (Canada)
|Industry||Mental Health; Training|
|Anna Baranowsky, Founder/CEO|
The Traumatology Institute (Canada) is an international mental health consulting and training organization focused on after trauma care located in Toronto, Ontario, Canada.
The mandate of the Traumatology Institute is to raise awareness about Post-Traumatic Stress and trauma informed care options. It was established following intensive course development at Florida State University in 1997 with experienced traumatologist’s Dr. Anna B. Baranowsky, Dr. J. Eric Gentry, Dr. Charles Figley, and Kathleen Dunning.
Baranowsky established the Traumatology Institute (Canada) in 1998. It was at this point that the independent curriculum currently being offered was further developed and enhanced by Dr. Baranowsky and Dr. Gentry. This comprehensive curriculum leads to competency in Field Trauma Response, Clinical Traumatology, Community & Workplace Traumatology, Compassion Fatigue Care, School Crisis Response Certificate Program, Justice/Corrections Traumatologist and the Trauma Recovery Program Online.
The Traumatology Institute Training Curriculum (TITC) provided foundational training for those Certified Traumatologists involved in recovery interventions for over 4,700 people following the September 11, 2001 terrorist attacks in New York City and thousands of traumatologists nationally and internationally. Traumatology Institute-trained clinicians have continued to offer services wherever called to action.
Baranowsky is the author of the best seller Trauma Practice: Tools for Stabilization & Recovery (2015, 3rd Ed., Baranowsky & Gentry) and What is PTSD? 3 Steps to Healing Trauma (2012, Baranowsky & Lauer), a 2013 International Book Award finalist (Health category).
- "Traumatology" Beyond Trauma: Conversations on Traumatic Incident Reduction. Retrieved 2016-01-24.
- "Back to school blues can follow you for life, psychologists say" Toronto Star. Retrieved 2016-01-24.
- "How the Ontario Provincial Police deals with officers’ PTSD" Toronto Star. Retrieved 2016-01-24.
- "Holiday stress" CBC News. Retrieved 2016-01-24.
- "Trauma response training at York U. will set new standard for assisting victims" York University Media Relations. Retrieved 2016-01-24.
- "About the Authors" Trauma Practice: Tools for Stabilization & Recovery. Retrieved 2016-01-24.
- "The 2013 International Book Awards" International Book Awards. Retrieved 2016-01-24.