|Service type||Bus services|
Travel Surrey was a bus company operating services in Surrey. It was a subsidiary of National Express before being sold in May 2009 to NedRailways. In October 2009, it was rebranded as Abellio Surrey.
In June 2005, National Express purchased the London bus operations of Tellings-Golden Miller and integrated them into their Travel London subsidiary. This sale also included Tellings-Golden Millar's Byfleet depot. The legal company name was Travel London (West) Limited. It traded as Travel London. All vehicles underwent a repaint with the blue and white colours replaced with a livery of white with a red skirt.
On 1 September 2007, the Byfleet service were rebranded as Travel Surrey. After National Express took over, some of the Surrey County Council tender routes were lost or given up. However, many are now operated once again. An example of this is the 426/446 Woking - Staines service, which was operated by Flights Hallmark, trading as Surrey Connect. However, Flights wound up their operation, so Travel Surrey took over the routes and some vehicles.
In November 2007 National Express announced plans to re-brand all of their operations under a new unified National Express identity. Travel Surrey was to be rebranded as National Express Surrey however this was shelved and all bus operations retained their existing identities.
On 30 October 2009 the businesses were rebranded as Abellio London and Abellio Surrey.
Travel Surrey operated one depot in Byfleet. It was in two parts, held 50 buses, and operated Surrey County Council routes 218, 400, 426, 438, 441, 446, 451, 461, 471, 472, 513, 514, 515, 515A, 555, 557, 564, 566, 567, 570, 571, 572, 574, 637, 662, 663, 690. The parts were at either end of the Wintersells Industrial Estate.
A number of services were branded with buses running in special colours, and continue to be so under Abellio.
- 441 - Plane and Easy: This route is run between Heathrow Airport and Englefield Green via Staines, and is supported by BAA. It received new buses in 2006, with grey swoops at the rear.
- 426/446: These routes were branded with green swoops at the rear, it was notable in serving Thorpe Park, which was included in the branding.
- 555/557: These routes were run with silver liveried buses, and were run with BAA support, between Heathrow central bus station and Walton-on-Thames railway station.
- NedRailways announces launch Abellio London and Abellio Surrey NedRailways 30 October 2009
- National Express Group purchases the London Bus Division of Tellings Golden Miller National Express corporate news 1 June 2005
- Companies House extract company no 689260 Abellio West London Limited formerly Travel London (West) Limited formerly Tellings-Golden Miller Buses Limited
- New Identity for National Express Group National Express corporate news 15 November 2007
- National Express Group plc agreement to sell Travel London National Express Group 21 May 2009
- NedRailways acquisition reinforces long term commitment to UK transport market NedRailways 9 June 2009
Media related to Travel Surrey (bus company) at Wikimedia Commons