|Format||Digital Media Newspaper Events|
|Owner(s)||Northstar Travel Group|
|Headquarters||Secaucus, New Jersey|
Travel Weekly (1958) is a United States news media platform for the travel industry with content related to sales, marketing and distribution of travel products, with particular focus on the travel advisor community. It distributes content via TravelWeekly.com, as well as 51 regular issues per year in print and a Preview issue, which features opinion and predictions for the year ahead, and 13 e-newsletters featuring specific destination and news topics. The brand also produces a number of events, including CruiseWorld, Global Travel Marketplace, Leadership Forums and an annual Readers Choice Awards dinner. The print edition is published on Mondays, and news and feature items are posted to its website multiple times a day.
The title also maintains social media accounts on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram. Its main website features news articles and analysis, videos, photos, interviews, opinion pieces and other items that are geared toward travel advisors and executives on the sales and marketing end of the travel business.
It is owned by Northstar Travel Group.
Travel Weekly was launched in 1958 in New York City by Irwin Robinson, the editor and publisher. The newspaper combined two previous publications, Travel Items and Travel Courier. The first issue of Travel Weekly was published on October 21, 1958.
- In 1966, Ziff-Davis bought Travel Weekly from Robinson Publications.
- Less than two decades later, Rupert Murdoch bought Ziff-Davis' travel-related publications and renamed them Murdoch Magazines. Included were Travel Weekly, Hotel & Travel Index, Official Hotel & Resort Guide and Meetings & Conventions.
- In 1989, Reed International purchased Travel Weekly, Meetings & Conventions and the hotel directories, and grouped them under Reed Travel Group.
- In 1998, Reed Travel Group was restructured, and the magazine because part of Cahners Travel Group within Cahners Business Information.
- Reed Elsevier sold the group in 2001 to Boston Ventures, which renamed it Northstar Travel Media.
- In 2007, the company headquarters relocated from 500 Plaza Drive in Secaucus, N.J., to 100 Lighting Way, where it remains today.
- On July 9, 2012, Northstar Travel Media (Travel Weekly's parent company) announced that it had been acquired by Wicks Group.
- In 2014, Northstar Travel Media acquired Travel Weekly Asia and Travel Weekly China from Contineo Media.
- In 2016, Wasserstein Partners (now Eagletree Capital) acquired Northstar Travel Media (now Northstar Travel Group) from Wicks Group.
- "Northstar Travel Group". Northstar Travel Group.
- "Travel Weekly - Secaucus, NJ - Newspaper, Travel Agency". Facebook. Retrieved November 13, 2012.
- Finley, Carrie (November 1, 2012). "Travel Weekly Hotel Search Powered by Hotel & Travel Index- Hotel Reviews, Rates, GDS Reservation Codes". Hotelandtravelindex.travelweekly.com. Retrieved November 13, 2012.
- "Meetings And Conventions". Meetings-conventions.com. November 8, 2012. Retrieved November 13, 2012.
- retrieved July 13, 2012
- Northstar Travel Media Expands into Asia With Acquisition