|Type||Weekly News Publication|
|Owner(s)||Northstar Travel Media|
|Headquarters||100 Lighting Way|
Secaucus, New Jersey
Travel Weekly (1958) is a United States national newspaper for the travel industry geared toward travel agents. The company prints 51 regular issues per year in print and digital formats, and one Preview issue, which features opinion and predictions for the year ahead. The print edition is published on Mondays, and news and feature items are posted to its website on a regular basis.
In addition to the print edition, Travel Weekly sends out a regular e-newsletter containing news and headlines, as well as several e-newsletters featuring specific destination and news topics. The company also maintains a Twitter and Facebook presence. Its main website features news articles and analysis, videos, photos, interviews, opinion pieces and other items that are geared toward travel agents and executives on the sales and marketing end of the travel business.
Northstar Travel Media is the parent company of the newspaper.
Travel Weekly was launched in 1958 in New York City by Irwin Robinson, the editor and publisher. The newspaper combined two previous publications, Travel Items and Travel Courier. The first issue of Travel Weekly was published on October 21, 1958.
- In 1966, Ziff-Davis bought Travel Weekly from Robinson Publications.
- Less than two decades later, Rupert Murdoch bought Ziff-Davis' travel-related publications and renamed them Murdoch Magazines. Included were Travel Weekly, Hotel & Travel Index, Official Hotel & Resort Guide and Meetings & Conventions.
- In 1989, Reed International purchased Travel Weekly, Meetings & Conventions and the hotel directories, and grouped them under Reed Travel Group.
- In 1998, Reed Travel Group was restructured, and the magazine because part of Cahners Travel Group within Cahners Business Information.
- Reed Elsevier sold the group in 2001 to Boston Ventures, which renamed it Northstar Travel Media. Reed retained Travel Weekly Asia
- In 2007, the company headquarters relocated from 500 Plaza Drive in Secaucus, N.J., to 100 Lighting Way, where it remains today.
- In 2010, Travel Weekly Asia was part of a buyout from Reed that formed Contineo Media.
- On July 9, 2012, Northstar Travel Media (Travel Weekly's parent company) announced that it had been acquired by Wicks Group.
- In 2014, Northstar Travel Media acquired Travel Weekly Asia from Contineo Media.
- "Home | Northstar Travel Media, LLC". Northstartravelmedia.com. 2012-09-27. Retrieved 2012-11-13.
- "Travel Weekly - Secaucus, NJ - Newspaper, Travel Agency". Facebook. Retrieved 2012-11-13.
- Finley, Carrie (2012-11-01). "Travel Weekly Hotel Search Powered by Hotel & Travel Index- Hotel Reviews, Rates, GDS Reservation Codes". Hotelandtravelindex.travelweekly.com. Retrieved 2012-11-13.
- "Meetings And Conventions". Meetings-conventions.com. 2012-11-08. Retrieved 2012-11-13.
- retrieved July 13, 2012
- Northstar Travel Media Expands into Asia With Acquisition