This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Travel incentives are a reward subset of an incentive program, recognition program or a loyalty program, which is a business tool designed to change consumer behavior to improve profit, cash flow, employee engagement and customer engagement. It has been described as business travel that is designed to motivate or trigger action, as a reward for these actions from employees or business partners. This fosters loyalty and encourages the best talent for an organisation.
When an organization properly designs an incentive program, which includes looking at all departments which will be affected, rather than just the impact to the department that is sponsoring the incentive, the return on investment can be proven. Oxford Economics USA wrote in a 2009 study that incentive travel investments yielded a return of investment of more than $4:$1. and stated that in order to achieve the same effect of incentive travel, an employee’s total base compensation would need to be increased by 8.5%.
The Incentive Research Foundation released a study in 2010 following the steps that an organization took to ensure that they received a return on their investment; they successfully merged acquired organizations into their company, and successfully merged their incentive programs.
Incentive trips, meetings and events account for 15% of all travel spending, which creates 2.4 million jobs, $240 billion in spending and $39 billion in tax revenue, according to the U.S. Travel Association. Incentive travel generates about $13 billion a year, according to the Incentive Research Foundation.
Future of incentive travel
According to Incentive Magazine’s 2013 Travel IQ Survey-"The top benefits for 2013 range from recognizing performance (62.1%) and increasing sales (57.8%), to building morale (50%), improving employee loyalty (42.2%), and fostering teamwork (32.8%)." 
- Environmental impact of aviation
- Hypermobility (travel)
- Incentive program
- Loyalty marketing
- Loyalty program
- Louise Gregory (July 25, 2014). "What is incentive Travel?".
- "The Incentive Research Foundation Research". Theirf.org. Archived from the original on February 16, 2015. Retrieved 12 October 2014.
- "the Return on Investment of U.S. business travel" (PDF). Ustravel.org. Oxford Economics USA. September 2009. Archived from the original (PDF) on October 20, 2014. Retrieved 12 October 2014.
- Melissa Van Dyke (May 6, 2010). "The Anatomy of a Successful Incentive Program". Incentive Research Foundation.
- "Posh trips for jobs well-done are fading away - USATODAY.com". Usatoday.com. Retrieved 12 October 2014.
- Mark Lewis (16 February 2010). "The AIG Effect". Forbes. Retrieved 12 October 2014.
- "Incentive travel-The Ultimate Motivator". Loyaltyworks.com. Retrieved 31 March 2015.