The topic of this article may not meet Wikipedia's notability guidelines for companies and organizations. (April 2021)
|Type||Privately held company|
|Headquarters||Langley, Berkshire, UK|
|Greg Webb, CEO|
John Swainson, Executive Chairman
John Elieson, COO
Nick Bray, CFO
|Revenue||US$2.5 billion (2018)|
|Owner||Siris Capital Group and Evergreen Coast Capital|
Number of employees
|3,700 (2020)|
Travelport Worldwide Ltd is an American company providing distribution, technology, payment solutions for the travel and tourism industry. It is the smallest, by revenue, of the top three global distribution systems (GDS) after Amadeus IT Group and Sabre Corporation.
The company also provides IT services to airlines, such as shopping, ticketing, and departure control.
In August 2007, Travelport acquired Worldspan for $1.4 billion.
In May 2010, the company acquired Sprice.com.
In 2015, Travelport acquired Mobile Travel Technologies for €55 million.
In 2017, Travelport was the first GDS to be awarded the International Air Transport Association NDC (New Distribution Capability) Level 3 certification as an aggregator of travel content. In 2018, it became the first GDS operator to manage the live booking of flights using the NDC standard.
On May 30, 2019, the company was acquired by affiliates of Siris Capital Group and Evergreen Coast Capital, an affiliate of Elliott Management Corporation, for $4.4 billion.
- "Form S-4 Travelport Limited". U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission. March 30, 2007.
- Schaal, Dennis (July 9, 2006). "With sale, Travelport will privately go about its business". Travel Weekly.
- Schaal, Dennis (October 3, 2004). "Cendant buys Orbitz for $1.25B". Travel Weekly.
- Singer, Jason; Berman, Dennis K. (December 2, 2004). "Cendant Buys eBookers In $404 Million Deal". The Wall Street Journal.
- Griffiths, Katherine (3 December 2004). "Travel giant Cendant takes over ebookers for 209 million". The Independent.
- Schaal, Dennis (November 5, 2009). "Travelport to take massive writedown of GTA, but will invest in Orbitz". Phocuswire.
- Zieminski, Nick (July 19, 2007). "Orbitz's IPO prices at $15/share". Reuters.
- MacLucas, Neil; Cameron, Doug (March 7, 2011). "Cendant Buys eBookers In $404 Million Deal". The Wall Street Journal.
- "Kuoni buys Gullivers Travel to boost online business". Reuters. March 7, 2011.
- "Travelport Worldwide LTD (TVPT) IPO". NASDAQ.
- May, Kevin (8 July 2015). "Travelport acquires Mobile Travel Technologies for Euro 55 million". Phocuswire.
- McDonald, Michele (13 December 2017). "Travelport is first GDS to receive Level 3 NDC certification from IATA". Phocuswire.