|Studio album by David Grisman, Beppe Gambetta, Carlo Aonzo|
|David Grisman chronology|
Traversata is a collaborative album by American mandolinist David Grisman, Italian mandolinist Carlo Aonzo, and Italian guitarist Beppe Gambetta, playing guitar, mandolin, and the 14-string harp guitar.
The album comprises Italian-American instrumentals from the early part of the 20th century, when Italians migrated in large numbers to the U.S. They called their trip overseas a "traversata". In addition to traditional Italian folk music, the album includes versions of "Pickin' the Guitar" by Nick Lucas and "April Kisses" by Eddie Lang.
- Costumi Siciliani (Gioviale) 4:08
- Oh, Mio Babbino Caro (Puccini) 2:20
- Idillio Primaverile (Gioviale) 2:53
- Manzanillo (Abt) 2:23
- L'Onda (Taraffo) 4:04
- Tarantella Op. 18 (Calace) 3:04
- Intermezzo (Mascagni) (3:04)
- Pickin' the Guitar (Lucas) 3:43
- Violinata (Margutti) 2:40
- Duo for Two Mandolins (Cipolla) 3:30
- Valtzer Fantastico (Marucelli) 5:34
- The Godfather Waltz (Rota) 2:55
- Mazurka VI Op. 141 (Calace) 2:55
- Serenata "A Ballo" (trad.) 3:14
- April Kisses (Lang) 5:21
- Radim Zenkl - mandocello
- Lankford, Jr., Ronnie D. "Traversata - David Grisman | Songs, Reviews, Credits | AllMusic". AllMusic. Retrieved 18 December 2016.