|Look up travesty in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
In literary or theatrical contexts it may refer to:
- Burlesque, a literary, dramatic, or musical work intended to cause laughter by caricaturing the manner or spirit of serious works, or by ludicrous treatment of their subjects
- Travesti (theatre) (also spelled travesty), the portrayal of a character in a play, opera, or ballet by a performer of the opposite sex
- Victorian burlesque, a genre of theatrical entertainment popular in Victorian England and New York theatre in the mid-19th century
- Travesty generator or parody generator, a computer program that generates nonsensical text (travesty), often based on statistics of an input text
- Travesti, a term used in South American cultures for a person who was assigned male at birth but has a feminine gender identity
- Travesties, a comedy by Tom Stoppard (1974)
- Texas Travesty, a humor magazine published by students at the University of Texas at Austin
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title Travesty.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.