Robertson in 2013
|No. 79 Washington Redskins|
|Date of birth:||December 9, 1988|
|Place of birth:||Laurinburg, North Carolina|
|Height:||6 ft 4 in (1.93 m)|
|Weight:||304 lb (138 kg)|
|High school:||Laurinburg (NC) Scotland|
|NFL draft:||2012 / Round: 7 / Pick: 249|
Career NFL statistics as of 2014
|Stats at NFL.com|
Travian Jamal Robertson (born December 9, 1988) is an American football defensive end for the Washington Redskins of the National Football League (NFL). He was selected in the seventh round, 249th overall, by the Atlanta Falcons in the 2012 NFL Draft. He played college football at South Carolina.
High school career
A native of Laurinburg, North Carolina, Robertson attended Scotland High School, where he was teammates with Terrell Manning. After missing much of his junior season due to a torn ACL, Robertson recorded 74 tackles with 7.5 sacks, two fumble recoveries and four forced fumbles as senior, earning him all-conference, all-region and team Defensive MVP honors. Scotland High reached the playoffs for three straight seasons.
Regarded as a four-star recruit by Rivals.com, Robertson was ranked as the No. 8 strongside defensive end prospect in his class. He chose South Carolina over offers from North Carolina, Clemson, North Carolina State, and Virginia Tech.
As a true freshman in 2007, Robertson played in all 12 games. He was the only true freshman in the starting lineup for the season-opener against Louisiana–Lafayette. For the season, Robertson was credited with seven tackles, including four solo stops, a pass break up and a quarterback hurry.
In his sophomore season, Robertson played in all 13 games and collected 17 tackles, including a pair of tackles for loss. He had a career-high six tackles, including a tackle for loss against Clemson. Four weeks into his junior season, Robertson suffered a season-ending right knee injury against Ole Miss. He received a medical redshirt season to regain the year of eligibility.
Returning from injury in 2010, Robertson started all 14 games and had 42 tackles, including 10.0 for loss and 4.0 sacks. He had five stops in the 2010 Chick-fil-A Bowl against Florida State. Robertson finished his career as a fifth-year senior, with 45 tackles, 24 of those for a loss, and 8 sacks in 2011.
2012 NFL Combine
|Ht||Wt||Arm length||Hand size||40-yd dash||10-yd split||20-yd split||20-ss||3-cone||Vert||Broad||BP|
|6 ft 4 in||302 lb||321⁄4 in||101⁄8 in||5.32 s||26 in||8 ft 6 in||30 reps|
|All value from NFL Combine.|
While projected to be a fifth-round selection by Sports Illustrated, as well as being ranked as the fifteenth best defensive tackle available in the 2012 NFL Draft, Robertson was selected in the seventh round, 249th overall, by the Atlanta Falcons. He was the last of six South Carolina Gamecocks selected in this draft class, after Stephon Gilmore, Melvin Ingram, Alshon Jeffery, Rokevious Watkins, and Antonio Allen.
The Falcons signed Robertson to their practice squad on August 31, 2014.
Robertson was claimed off waivers on December 27, 2014.
- "Travian Robertson Profile — South Carolina Official Athletic Site". Retrieved April 29, 2012.
- "NFL Draft — CBSSports.com — NFLDraftScout.com". Retrieved April 29, 2012.
- "Falcons bio: Travian Robertson". The Atlanta Journal-Constitution. Retrieved April 29, 2012.
- "2012 NFL Draft: Falcons Select DT Travian Robertson With No. 249". Retrieved April 29, 2012.
- "NFL Combine Profile", NFL.com, retrieved 2015-01-04
- Adams, Jay (August 31, 2014). "Falcons Begin Forming Practice Squad". AtlantaFalcons.com. Retrieved 2015-01-04.
- Crabtree, Curtis (November 18, 2014). "Seahawks sign Lemuel Jeanpierre, add Travian Robertson from Falcons practice squad". NBCSports.com. Retrieved 2015-01-04.
- Wilkening, Mike (December 26, 2014). "Seahawks waive Travian Robertson". NBCSports.com. Retrieved 2015-01-04.
- Jones, Mike (December 27, 2014). "Redskins place Jason Hatcher on IR, claim Travian Robertson". WashingtonPost.com. Retrieved 2015-01-04.