|No. 72 Dallas Cowboys|
|Date of birth:||March 18, 1991|
|Place of birth:||Sharon, Wisconsin|
|Height:||6 ft 4 in (1.93 m)|
|Weight:||315 lb (143 kg)|
|High school:||Walworth (WI) Big Foot|
|NFL draft:||2013 / Round: 1 / Pick: 31|
|Career highlights and awards|
|Career NFL statistics as of Week 9, 2015|
|Stats at NFL.com|
Travis Frederick (born March 18, 1991) is an American football center for the Dallas Cowboys of the National Football League (NFL). He was drafted by the Cowboys in the first round of the 2013 NFL Draft. He played college football at Wisconsin.
A native of Sharon, Wisconsin, Frederick attended Big Foot High School in Walworth, Wisconsin, where he was an all-state two-way lineman. He helped his high school team to second place in the 2008 WIAA Division 4 state playoffs.
Frederick was also on Big Foot's track team. He finished second in the shot put at the 2008 'BDN' Invite, with a throw of 15.23 meters (49 ft, 11 in). He took silver second in the discus throw at the 2008 WIAA Sectional Championships, with a throw of 49.30 meters (161 ft, 10 in).
Frederick attended the University of Wisconsin-Madison, and played for the Wisconsin Badgers football team from 2009 to 2012. After graduating high school early to participate in spring practice, Frederick became the first true freshman in Badgers history to start a season-opening game on the offensive line, when he lined up at center against Northern Illinois. An ankle injury in Week 2 knocked him out of the starting lineup, but he returned for the final two games, at left guard, after center Peter Konz was sidelined (blood clots) and John Moffitt was moved to center. For the season, he played in five games, starting four (two at center and two at left guard).
In order to preserve a year of Frederick's NCAA eligibility, Wisconsin coaching staff decided to redshirt him in 2010. In his redshirt sophomore season, Frederick replaced John Moffitt, starting 11 of 13 games at left guard. For two games, he had to substitute for Peter Konz at center.
Following Konz's departure for the 2012 NFL Draft, Frederick was moved to center his junior season. He started all 13 games at center and was named a first-team All-American by Pro Football Weekly.
2013 NFL Draft
|Ht||Wt||Arm length||Hand size||40-yd dash||10-yd split||20-yd split||20-ss||3-cone||Vert||Broad||BP|
|6 ft 3 1⁄2 in||312 lb||33 in||10 in||5.58 s||1.91 s||3.14 s||4.76 s||7.81 s||28 1⁄2 in||8 ft 1 in||21 reps|
|All values from NFL Combine|
In the 2013 NFL Draft, the Dallas Cowboys traded down in the first round with the San Francisco 49ers in exchange for a third round pick (used to draft Terrance Williams). In the first round the team selected Frederick after eight offensive linemen were drafted before him. This decision caused a stir in the media because it was not only seen as a reach, but the trade was also criticized for bringing poor compensation after moving down 13 positions.
Frederick was named a starter from the first day of Organized Team Activities in the preseason, replacing Phil Costa, who had been the starter in the previous two years. He became the first rookie in franchise history to start every game at center and was selected to the NFL All-Rookie team. The next year he continued his development, by anchoring what was arguably considered as the best offensive line in the league and was also named to his first Pro Bowl.
Fredrick is also known for his smarts off the football field. He double majored in computer engineering and computer science at the University of Wisconsin.
- "Former Big Foot star Travis Frederick no ordinary UW freshman". Janesville Gazette. August 17, 2009.
- "2009 Offensive Tackles Prospect Ranking". rivals.com. 2009-01-15. Retrieved 2009-02-15.
- UW staff hopes to get through 2010 without Frederick
- PFW 2012 All-America team
- Wisconsin Badgers' Travis Frederick to go pro
- "Travis Frederick stands pat at pro day". The Chippewa Herald. March 7, 2013.
- "Frederick believes his performance on the field is enough for pro scouts". Walworth County Today. March 7, 2013.
- "Cowboys' Potential Draft Pick: Travis Frederick, C, Wisconsin". NBCDFW.com. March 26, 2013.
- "Travis Frederick NFL Draft profile". NFL.com. 2013-03-01. Retrieved 2013-03-03.
- "Travis Frederick rating". NFLDraftScout.com. 2013-03-01. Retrieved 2013-03-03.
- "Travis Frederick surprised at selection". ESPN.com. 2013-04-26. Retrieved 2014-04-03.
- "Roster Rundown: Frederick Exceeded First-Round Hopes". DallasCowboys.com. 2014-03-03. Retrieved 2014-04-03.