Travis High School (Fort Bend County, Texas)
|William B. Travis High School|
11111 Harlem Road
|School type||Public high school|
|School district||Fort Bend Independent School District|
|Color(s)||Scarlet and Gray|
|Athletics conference||UIL Class AAAAAA|
|TEA Rating||Met Standard (2013)|
|Website||William B. Travis High School website|
William B. Travis High School is a public high school located on Harlem Road, southwest of the intersection of Harlem Road and State Highway 99 (Grand Parkway) in Pecan Grove, unincorporated Fort Bend County, Texas, United States.
Travis High School which serves grades 9 through 12, is part of the Fort Bend Independent School District. Although having a Richmond, Texas address, the school is located outside the city limits of Richmond; FBISD does not serve any portion of the City of Richmond.
The school's mascot is the Tiger and the colors are scarlet, gray, and white.
The opening of Travis relieved Austin High School and George Bush High School, with grades 9 and 10 immediately zoned to Travis, and grades 11 to 12 continuing to go to Austin with a phaseout of one grade per year.
The following elementary schools feed into Travis:
- Brazos Bend
- Pecan Grove
- Jordan (partial)
The following middle schools feed into Travis:
- Sartartia (partial)
- James Bowie Middle School
- Garcia Middle School (partial)
Fine arts programs
- Travis Tiger Orchestra
- Travis Tiger Band
- Travis Theatrical Company
- Travis Belles (Varsity Dance Team)
- Travis Tiger Choir
- Travis Tiger Colorguard
- Travis Tiger Charms (JV Dance Team)
Clubs and organizations
The following Clubs and organizations  are active in Travis High School
- African Student Association (A.S.A)
- National Honor Society
- Gaming Club
- Habitat for Humanity (Travis Habitat for Humanity Campus Chapter)
- Spanish National Honor Society
- Mu Alpha Theta
- Be the Change Club
- Vietnamese Student Association (VSA)
- Broadcast Club
- Student Council
- Science National Honor Society
- Chemistry Club
- Chess Club
- Spanish Club
- French Club
- Model United Nations
- Muslim Students' Association
- Photography Club
- Students for the Ethical Treatment of Animals (SETA)
- Red Cross Club
- Ping Pong Club
- Speech and Debate
- Ultimate Frisbee Club
- National Art Honor Society
- Business Professionals of America
- French National Honor Society
- Future Farmers of America
- Fellowship of Christian Athletes
- Color Guard
- Global Studies Academy (GSA)
- International Business and Marketing Academy (IBMA)
- Travis Tiger Band Booster Club
- Travis Athletic Booster Club
- Andrew Harrison, former point guard for the University of Kentucky, current NBA player for the Cleveland Cavaliers.
- Aaron Harrison, former shooting guard for the University of Kentucky, current NBA player for Delaware 87ers
- Charcer Burks, current outfielder for Chicago Cubs minor league system
- Nathan Bertness, current pitcher for Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim minor league system
- "WILLIAM B TRAVIS H S". National Center for Education Statistics. Retrieved December 3, 2018.
- "Pecan Grove CDP, Texas[permanent dead link]." U.S. Census Bureau. Retrieved on September 23, 2010.
- "High School Attendance Zones[permanent dead link]." Fort Bend Independent School District. Retrieved on September 21, 2010.
- Fort Bend ISD History Archived 2008-09-07 at the Wayback Machine.
- "High School Attendance Zones Effective Fall 2006." Fort Bend Independent School District. October 29, 2005. Retrieved on September 23, 2010.
- "High School Attendance Zones Effective Fall 2006 9th and 10th Grades." Fort Bend Independent School District. Retrieved on September 23, 2010.
- "High School Zone Effective Fall 2006 11th and 12th Grades." Fort Bend Independent School District. Retrieved on September 23, 2010.
- "Archived copy" (PDF). Archived from the original (PDF) on 2011-04-30. Retrieved 2011-04-30.CS1 maint: Archived copy as title (link)
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2012-03-27. Retrieved 2011-08-26.CS1 maint: Archived copy as title (link)
- "Global Studies Academy / Academy". www.fortbendisd.com. Retrieved 2017-03-29.
- "International Business and Marketing Academy / Academy". www.fortbendisd.com. Retrieved 2017-03-29.
- "Release: Sevens Acquire Aaron Harrison - Delaware 87ers". Delaware.dleague.nba.com. Retrieved March 8, 2017.
- "Charcer Burks Minor Leagues Statistics & History". Baseball-reference.com. Retrieved March 8, 2017.
- Ryan Dunsmore (June 19, 2015). "Bertness selected by Angels in the 2015 MLB Draft". Fbherald.com. Retrieved March 8, 2017.