Kelce with the Kansas City Chiefs in 2014
|No. 87 Kansas City Chiefs|
|Date of birth:||October 5, 1989|
|Place of birth:||Westlake, Ohio|
|Height:||6 ft 5 in (1.96 m)|
|Weight:||260 lb (118 kg)|
|High school:||Cleveland Heights (OH)|
|NFL draft:||2013 / Round: 3 / Pick: 63|
|Career highlights and awards|
|Career NFL statistics as of 2015|
Travis Michael Kelce (//; born October 5, 1989) is an American football tight end for the Kansas City Chiefs of the National Football League (NFL). He was drafted by the Chiefs in the third round of the 2013 He played college football at Cincinnati. Kelce attended Cleveland Heights High School in his hometown of Cleveland Heights, Ohio, where he was a three-sport athlete in football, basketball and baseball for the Cleveland Heights Tigers. In football, he was a three-year letterwinner as quarterback, and was recognized with All-Lake Erie League honors after totaling 2,539 yards of total offense as a senior. He collected 1,016 yards rushing, including 10 touchdowns and 1,523 passing yards on 103-of-198 attempts, with 21 scores and eight interceptions in 2007.
Kelce enrolled in the University of Cincinnati, where he played for the Cincinnati Bearcats football team from 2008 to 2012. After redshirting in 2008, he appeared in 11 games, playing at tight end and quarterback out of the Wildcat formation. He tallied eight rushes for 47 yards and two touchdowns along with one reception for three yards in 2009. The following season, he did not play due to a violation of team rules. After serving a one-year suspension, Kelce was back with the team to start the 2011 season. For the season, he saw action in games as a tight end and recorded 13 catches totaling 150 yards and two touchdowns. In his last season, he set personal career highs in receptions (45), receiving yards (722), yards per receptions (16.0), and receiving touchdowns (8), he also earned first-team all-conference honors. In March 2012, Kelce was named winner of the College Football Performance Awards Tight End of the Year.
|Ht||Wt||40-yd dash||10-yd split||20-yd split||20-ss||3-cone||Vert||Broad||BP|
|6 ft 5 in||255 lb||4.61 s||1.61 s||2.72 s||4.42 s||7.09 s||35 in||10 ft 4 in||22 reps|
|All values from Pro Day|
In a game versus Denver Broncos, he was fined $11,025 for "unsportsmanlike conduct". Kelce made a jerk off sign at the Broncos Von Miller. Chiefs coach Andy Reid later called this "immature". Kelce went on to become the Chiefs leading receiver during the 2014 season, totaling 862 yards off 67 receptions.
On January 29, 2016, Kelce signed a five-year, $46 million contract extension.
On January 29, 2016, E! Entertainment Television announced that Kelce would be starring in his own dating show, "Catching Kelce". The show will feature one woman from each state competing against each other.
- "Travis Kelce". rivals.com. Yahoo!.
- Justin Pawlowski (February 23, 2013). "NFL Draft: TE Travis Kelce’s Character Concerns". CBS Tampa Bay. Retrieved September 9, 2015.
- "2012 CFPA TIGHT END TROPHY". College Football Performance Awards. Retrieved September 9, 2015.
- Adam Teicher (April 26, 2013). "Chiefs draft TE Kelce, RB Davis in NFL Draft’s third round". Kansas City Star. Archived from the original on April 30, 2013. Retrieved September 9, 2015.
- Adam Teicher (December 6, 2014). "Travis Kelce fined $11K for gesture". ESPN. Retrieved September 9, 2015.
- "Kansas City Chiefs Stats - 2014". ESPN. Retrieved September 9, 2015.
- "Kelce signs rich contract extension with Chiefs". ESPN.com. Retrieved 2016-01-30.
- "Chiefs tight end Travis Kelce to have his own reality TV dating series". ESPN.com. Retrieved 2016-01-30.