|Born||November 8, 1983|
|Education||University of Oklahoma|
|Years active||2010 - present|
|Known for||Work as podcaster|
Teresa McElroy (m. 2013)
Travis Patrick McElroy (born November 8, 1983) is an American podcaster. He is known for his work on podcasts such as My Brother, My Brother and Me, Shmanners, The Adventure Zone, and Can I Pet Your Dog?.
Early and personal life
Travis McElroy was born in 1983 to Clint McElroy, former co-host of WTCR-FM's morning radio show in Huntington, West Virginia, and his wife Leslie. Travis McElroy is an alumnus of the University of Oklahoma. He married Teresa McElroy in 2013. They have one child, a daughter, Bebe, born in 2016.
Since 2010, Travis McElroy, along with his brothers Justin and Griffin, has co-hosted the comedy podcast My Brother, My Brother and Me, an "advice show for the modern era" hosted as part of the Maximum Fun network. The brothers also starred in a 2017 TV show based on the podcast, which originally aired on Seeso.
In 2014, the McElroy brothers, along with their father Clint McElroy, launched a tabletop role-playing game podcast entitled The Adventure Zone. Initially playing Dungeons & Dragons, the show moved into other game systems in later arcs. During the first arc, Balance, Travis McElroy portrays Magnus Burnsides, a human fighter. The first sub-arc of Balance, named Here There Be Gerblins, has been adapted into a graphic novel, published by First Second Books and co-written by the McElroys.
From 2015 to 2016, McElroy also co-hosted the podcast Can I Pet Your Dog? with Allegra Ringo and Renee Colvert, leaving after the 57th episode due to the fact that he was moving house and expecting a child. However, McElroy did later return as a guest star for episodes 71 and 81. McElroy also co-hosted the "doomsday prepping" comedy podcast Bunker Buddies with Andie Bolt from 2014 to 2018, at which point he retired from the show and was replaced by Ben Ellis. McElroy currently co-hosts the podcasts Trends Like These with former roommate Brent Black and writer Courtney Enlow, and Shmanners since 2016 with his wife, Teresa.
McElroy and his brothers also co-host a yearly podcast with Tim Batt and Guy Montgomery, released every American Thanksgiving since 2015, called Til Death Do Us Blart where they review the film Paul Blart: Mall Cop 2. The brothers also host the documentary podcast The McElroy Brothers Will Be in Trolls 2, which ultimately resulted in the announcement that all three were set to make cameo appearances in the film.
- "Griffin McElroy - Authors - Macmillan".
- "Home". Travis McElroy: Middlest MBMBaM Brother.
- "Huntington Quarterly - Articles - Issue 73 - Clint McElroy". www.huntingtonquarterly.com.
- McElroy, Clint. "Huntington Quarterly | Articles | Issue 80 | Last Laugh". www.huntingtonquarterly.com. Retrieved September 11, 2018.
- FM, Player, From The Harrowing Tale of Barbara "Bebe Lee" McElroy to We Love You Very Much, retrieved September 11, 2018
- "Review: 'My Brother, My Brother and Me' Has Advice From Three Modern Stooges".
- "Into The Adventure Zone With Griffin McElroy".
- "'The Adventure Zone' Podcast Is Getting Its Own Graphic Novel". June 14, 2018.
- Barsanti, Sam. "Travis McElroy is still hoping to find the moment we reached "peak Jim Carrey"".
- Hershon, Marc (February 5, 2016). "Podcast Reviews: Shmanners & The New Hollywood".
- "Till Death Do Us Blart". Retrieved April 21, 2017.
- "The McElroy Brothers Will Be In Trolls 2". trolls2.libsyn.com. Retrieved July 5, 2017.
- Bradley, Laura (September 11, 2018). "The Unbelievable True Story of How Three Podcasters Trolled Their Way into Trolls 2". Vanity Fair. Retrieved September 11, 2018.
- "100ft Robot Golf on Steam". Steam. Retrieved August 2, 2018.