|Traded as||LSE: TPK
|Founded||1988, through merger between Travis & Arnold & Sandell Perkins|
|Headquarters||Northampton, United Kingdom|
|Robert Walker (Chairman)
John Carter (CEO)
|Products||Building and home improvement materials, tool hire|
|Revenue||£5,580.7 million (2014)|
|£366.4 million (2014)|
|£258.7 million (2014)|
Number of employees
|circa 24,000 (2013)|
|Subsidiaries||Wickes Toolstation Keyline|
Travis Perkins plc is a British builders' merchant and home improvement retailer based in Northampton. It operates 1,900 outlets, and has more than 24,000 employees in the United Kingdom & Ireland. Travis Perkins plc is listed on the London Stock Exchange, and is part of the FTSE 100 Index.
Ingram Perkins then merged with Sandell Smythe & Drayson in 1970 to form Sandell Perkins. Sandell Perkins was first listed on the London Stock Exchange in 1986, shortly before it merged with Travis & Arnold in 1988 to form Travis Perkins.
Subsequent acquisitions have included AAH (46 branches) in 1994, BMSS (26 branches) in 1996, Keyline Builders Merchants (101 branches) and Sharpe & Fisher (38 branches) in 1998, City Plumbing Supplies Limited (48 branches) and Commercial Ceiling Factors (20 distribution centres) in 2002, Jayhard (53 branches) and B&G (12 branches) in 2003, Wickes (171 stores) in December 2004 and Tile Giant in November 2007.
In May 2008, Travis Perkins invested in online marketplace between tradesmen and homeowners, MyBuilder. In May 2010, Travis Perkins made a successful offer to acquire BSS Group for £553M and then acquired the remaining 70% stake in Toolstation in January 2012 and the whole of Solfex in January 2013.
The company's product lines include general building materials, kitchens and bathrooms, hand and power tools, landscaping materials, painting and decorating materials, timber and joists. The company is structured around four divisions and 17 businesses:
- Travis Perkins - general builders' merchant
- Benchmarx - trade supplier of kitchens and joinery
- BSS - specialist distributor of heating, ventilation, tools, pipeline
- CCF - distributor of insulation, dry-lining, partitioning
- Keyline - heavyside and civils merchant
Plumbing & Heating
- Plumbing Trade Supplies (PTS) - bathroom, heating and plumbing products to trade and public
- Direct Heating Spares (DHS) - heating spares
- City Plumbing Supplies (CPS) - specialists in quality plumbing and heating supplies to the trade and public
- Connections - distributor of plumbing and heating products
- City Heating Spares (CHS) - heating spares
- F & P Wholesale - plumbing and heating supplies
- SBS - Sustainable Building Solutions
- Birchwood Price Tools - wholesaler of power tools, hand tools and site equipment, including clothing brand, Scruffs
- Wickes - home improvement stores
- Toolstation - direct sale and online supplier of trade tools, accessories and hardware products
- Tile Giant - tile and ceramics merchant
- "Preliminary Results 2014" (PDF). Travis Perkins. Retrieved 21 March 2015.
- "History". Travis Perkins. Retrieved 21 March 2015.
- "Bow Creek/River Lea - Leamouth". EDith's Streets. Retrieved 21 March 2015.
- "Paddington: Economic History, in A History of the County of Middlesex: Volume 9, Hampstead, Paddington, ed. C R Elrington". London. 1989. p. 233-241. Retrieved 21 March 2015.
- "Travis Perkins seals £181.5m deal for rival Keyline chain". CN Plus. 6 May 1999. Retrieved 21 March 2015.
- "Travis Perkins Buys City Plumbing Supplies for £38.2m". Hemscott. 1 July 2002. Retrieved 21 March 2015.
- "Travis Perkins in pounds 45m CCF deal". Birmingham Post. 3 October 2002. Retrieved 21 March 2015.
- "Travis Perkins PLC said it has acquired Jayhard Ltd for 26.5 mln stg cash". Desktop trader. 1 August 2003. Retrieved 21 March 2015.
- "Travis Perkins has acquired B&G". Business sale. 1 October 2003. Retrieved 21 March 2015.
- "Travis Perkins buys Wickes chain". BBC. 16 December 2004. Retrieved 21 March 2015.
- "Travis Perkins snaps up Tile Giant". Retail Week. 15 November 2007. Retrieved 21 March 2015.
- "Travis Perkins takes mybuilder.com stake". This is money. 29 May 2008. Retrieved 21 March 2015.
- Fletcher, Nick (28 May 2010). "BSS jumps 34% after £553m offer from Travis Perkins". guardian.co.uk. Retrieved 28 May 2010.
- "Wickes owner buys remaining 70% of Toolstation". Retail Gazette. 3 January 2012. Retrieved 21 March 2015.
- "Travis Perkins buys renewables firm as part of Green Deal push". Greenwise business. 30 January 2013. Retrieved 21 March 2015.
- Travis Perkins: Our businesses