March 20, 1981 |
San Antonio, Texas
|Listed height||6 ft 7.75 in (2.03 m)|
|Listed weight||256 lb (116 kg)|
|High school||Oak Hill Academy
(Mouth of Wilson, Virginia)
|NBA draft||2003 / Undrafted|
|Position||Power forward / Center|
|Career highlights and awards|
Travis Watson (born March 20, 1981) is an American former professional basketball player. A 2.03 m tall power forward, he led the 2007–08 Euroleague in rebounds with 9.7 per game while playing for Armani Jeans Milano.
Watson played college basketball at the University of Virginia and was named to the All-Atlantic Coast Conference Second Team following his junior and senior seasons.
Since 2003 Watson is playing in Europe. For the 2008–09 season Watson signed for Hapoel Jerusalem from the Israeli Basketball Super League. In August 2009 he signed with Žalgiris Kaunas. In July 2010 he renewed his contract and played for Žalgiris until the end of the 2010–11 season. Watson signed with Enisey Krasnoyarsk in August 2012, but the contract was terminated after he failed the medical examination. In July 2013, he returned to Italy and signed with Vanoli Cremona. On September 14, 2013, he parted ways with Cremona. Later that month he signed with Lugano Tigers. In the summer of 2014, he signed with CSA Steaua București.
|This section may require cleanup to meet Wikipedia's quality standards. The specific problem is: The table is full of incorrect information (MPG, FG%); It also require "Career row" which currently doesn't exist (November 2014) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
|GP||Games played||GS||Games started||MPG||Minutes per game|
|FG%||Field-goal percentage||3P%||3-point field-goal percentage||FT%||Free-throw percentage|
|RPG||Rebounds per game||APG||Assists per game||SPG||Steals per game|
|BPG||Blocks per game||PPG||Points per game||PIR||Performance Index Rating|
Note: The EuroLeague is not the only competition in which the player participated for the team during the season. He also played in domestic competition, and regional competition if applicable.
|Led the league|
When he was thirteen he became a form of a godchild to the Boggs family because his mother had many health issues (and has since recovered) and was unable to care for him. He remains close to the family
- Hapoel tabs Euroleague rebounding king Watson
- "Zalgiris signs rebounding ace Travis Watson". Euroleague.net. 2009-08-02. Retrieved 2013-03-31.
- ZALGIRIS adds size with Samhan, keeps Watson
- "Enisey Krasnoyarsk signs Travis Watson". Sportando.net. 2012-07-08. Retrieved 2013-03-31.
- "Vanoli Cremona announced TJ Watson". Sportando.net. Retrieved 25 July 2013.
- "Vanoli Cremona, TJ Watson part ways". Sportando.net. Retrieved 14 September 2013.
- "Lugano Tigers officially sign TJ Watson". Sportando.net. Retrieved 25 September 2013.
- Travis Watsons signed with Steaua CSM EximBank Bucuresti