Wyrick working in his studio
May 15, 1970 |
Atlanta, Georgia, United States
|Genres||Rock, heavy metal, country, punk rock|
|Occupation(s)||Record producer, audio engineer, composer, mixer|
|Instruments||guitar, bass, keyboards, piano|
Travis Wyrick is a music producer and owner of Lakeside Studios in Knoxville, Tennessee. He is particularly known for his work with bands such as P.O.D., Pillar, 10 Years, Nine Lashes, and Disciple, and artists such as TobyMac and Dolly Parton. Throughout his career, he has produced over 30 No. 1 radio singles. Prior to becoming a producer, Wyrick was lead guitarist with the band Sage. In 1998, he released the industrial rock album Mental Floss under the mononym Wyrick. Two years later, he released Aggressive State... as the project's sophomore effort.
From 1990-1994, Wyrick was the lead guitarist with hard rock band Sage. The band opened for acts such as Bon Jovi and Bad Company. They released two albums - "Luv N' Lust" in 1992 and "State of Mind" in 1994 before disbanding in 1994 when Wyrick "dedicated himself to his family, church, and production."
Wyrick has worked with famous country singer Dolly Parton on several occasions for various shows and other projects.
- Dove Awards of 2001 for "Hard Music Album of the Year" - Above"' by Pillar
- Dove Awards of 2003 for "Hard Music Album of the Year" - Fireproof by Pillar
- Dove Awards of 2008 for "Rock Album of the Year" - "Scars Remain" by Disciple
- "Wyrick* - Mental Floss (CD, Album) at Discogs".
- "Agressive State - Wrick - Songs, Reviews, Credits - AllMusic".
- "Faithful friend » Knoxville News Sentinel". Knoxnews.com. Retrieved 2012-02-21.