|No. 10 – New Orleans Saints|
|Born:||January 7, 1996|
Delray Beach, Florida
|Height:||6 ft 2 in (1.88 m)|
|Weight:||210 lb (95 kg)|
|High school:||Village Academy|
(Delray Beach, Florida)
|NFL Draft:||2018 / Round: 3 / Pick: 91|
|Career highlights and awards|
|Career NFL statistics as of 2020|
|Player stats at NFL.com|
Smith attended Village Academy High School in Delray Beach, Florida. He did not start playing football until his freshman year in high school. He committed to the University of Central Florida (UCF) to play college football.
Smith attended and played at UCF from 2014 to 2017. During his collegiate career, he had 168 receptions for 2,748 yards and 22 touchdowns. After his junior season, he entered the 2018 NFL Draft. He played in the 2018 Senior Bowl.
On January 6, 2018, Smith released a statement through his Twitter account announcing his decision to forgo his remaining eligibility and declare for the 2018 NFL Draft. On January 10, 2018, it was announced that Smith had accepted his invitation to play in the Senior Bowl. Although he was a redshirt junior, Smith was eligible to play since he had already graduated. Smith had a solid week of practice during the Senior Bowl and was able to maintain his draft stock. On January 27, 2018, Smith caught five receptions for 83-yards and scored on a 14-yard touchdown pass by quarterback Mike White to help the North defeat the South 45–16.
|Senior Bowl: Tre'Quan Smith's 42-yard play|
|Senior Bowl: Tre'Quan Smith's 14-yard TD|
Smith attended the NFL Scouting Combine in Indianapolis and completed all of the combine and positional drills. He earned the third best broad jump and 14th best time in the 40-yard dash of all players who participated. On March 29, 2018, he participated at Central Florida's pro day, but opted to stand on his combine numbers and only performed positional drills. Smith attended a private workouts with the Tampa Bay Buccaneers and New York Giants. At the conclusion of the pre-draft process, Smith was projected to be a third or fourth round pick by NFL draft experts and scouts. He was ranked as the 10th best wide receiver in the draft by Scouts Inc. and was ranked the 11th best wide receiver by DraftScout.com.
|Tre'Quan Smith's NFL Combine Workout|
|NFL Draft Profile: Tre'Quan Smith|
|Height||Weight||Arm length||Hand size||40-yard dash||10-yard split||20-yard split||20-yard shuttle||Three-cone drill||Vertical jump||Broad jump||Bench press|
|6 ft 1+3⁄4 in
|4.49 s||1.60 s||2.65 s||4.50 s||6.97 s||37+1⁄2 in
|10 ft 10 in
|All values from NFL Combine|
|Saints draft Tre'Quan Smith 91st overall|
Smith made his NFL debut in the season opener against the Tampa Bay Buccaneers. He did not record any receptions as the Saints lost 48–40. In the next game against the Cleveland Browns, he recorded his first NFL reception, which went for 18 yards in the 21–18 victory. During Week 5 on Monday Night Football against the Washington Redskins, Smith caught a 62-yard touchdown from Drew Brees, helping Brees surpass Peyton Manning for the most career passing yards in NFL history. The touchdown was part of a three-reception, 111-yard, two-touchdown performance for Smith. During a 48–7 Week 11 victory over the reigning Super Bowl champion Philadelphia Eagles, he recorded ten receptions for 152 yards and a touchdown.
Smith finished his rookie year with 28 receptions for 427 yards and five touchdowns in 15 games and seven starts. The Saints finished with the top seed in the NFC with a 13–3 record and received a first-round postseason bye. In the postseason, Smith had two receptions for 25 yards and a five-yard rush.
In the season-opener against the Houston Texans, Smith caught two passes for 26 yards and a touchdown in the narrow 30–28 victory. Battling an ankle injury for much of the season, Smith finished his second season with 18 receptions for 234 yards and five touchdowns.
In Week 4 against the Detroit Lions, Smith caught four passes for 54 yards and his first two receiving touchdowns of the season during the 35–29 win.  He was placed on injured reserve on December 24, 2020. On January 16, 2021, Smith was activated off of the injured reserve ahead of the Saints divisional playoff game against the Tampa Bay Buccaneers. In the game, Smith recorded three catches for 85 yards and two touchdowns, including a 56-yard touchdown reception on a Jameis Winston trick play, during the 30–20 loss.
- Dusenbury, Wells. "Village Academy alum Tre'Quan Smith drafted in third round by Saints". Sun-Sentinel.com. Retrieved October 30, 2018.
- Green, Shannon. "UCF receiver Tre'Quan Smith passionate about football after late start". OrlandoSentinel.com.
- Kurtenbach, Dieter. "Village Academy WR Tre'Quan Smith commits to UCF".
- Green, Shannon. "Tre'Quan Smith eager to make a name for himself at NFL combine". latimes.com.
- Hays, Chris. "UCF junior WR Tre'Quan Smith undecided on NFL Draft, but will not transfer".
- Green, Shannon. "UCF football's Tre'Quan Smith and Jordan Akins declare for NFL draft".
- "2018 NFL Draft: WR Tre'Quan Smith of UCF/Delray Beach improves stock – The Daily Dolphin".
- Hays, Chris. "Senior Bowl: UCF receiver Tre'Quan Smith has solid week in front of NFL scouts". latimes.com.
- Cooper, Sam (January 8, 2018). "2018 NFL draft early entrants – January 8 (Updating)". sports.yahoo.com. Retrieved August 19, 2018.
- Green, Shannon (January 11, 2018). "Former UCF receiver Tre'Quan Smith invited to Senior Bowl". OrlandoSentinel.com. Retrieved August 19, 2018.
- Burgess, Nick (January 29, 2018). "G5 Standouts Ball Out at 2018 Senior Bowl". forgotten5.com. Retrieved August 19, 2018.
- Saris, Luke (April 23, 2018). "2018 NFL Draft Profile: Tre'Quan Smith, WR, UCF". underdogdynasty.com. Retrieved August 19, 2018.
- Sikkema, Trevor (April 11, 2018). "Cover 3: Bucs' Private Visit Tracker; Prospect Options For Every Round". pewterreport.com. Retrieved August 19, 2018.
- Schneier, Dan (April 11, 2018). "NFL Draft: Giants are targeting WR's who win down the field". 247sports.com. Retrieved August 19, 2018.
- "*Tre'Quan Smith, DS #11 WR, Central Florida". draftscout.com. Retrieved August 19, 2018.
- "NFL Tre'Quan Smith-ESPN". ESPN.com. Retrieved August 19, 2018.
- "NFL Draft Profile: Tre'Quan Smith". National Football League. Retrieved August 19, 2018.
- Katzenstein, Josh (April 28, 2018). "Saints pick UCF receiver Tre'Quan Smith in 3rd round". NOLA.com.
- "Spotrac.com: Tre'Quan Smith contract". spotrac.com. Retrieved August 19, 2018.
- "Saints sign third-round pick Tre'Quan Smith". NewOrleansSaints.com. May 21, 2018. Retrieved May 24, 2018.
- "Saints' Tre'Quan Smith: Makes first career catch". CBSSports.com. Retrieved October 4, 2018.
- "Who caught the Drew Brees record-breaking pass? This UCF Knights alum". Miami Herald. Retrieved October 30, 2018.
- "Reality was better than Saints rookie WR Tre'Quan Smith could have imagined". NOLA.com. Retrieved October 30, 2018.
- "2018 NFL Standings & Team Stats". Pro-Football-Reference.com. Retrieved October 9, 2020.
- "Tre'Quan Smith 2018 Game Log". Pro-Football-Reference.com. Retrieved October 9, 2020.
- "Houston Texans at New Orleans Saints – September 9th, 2019". Pro-Football-Reference.com. Retrieved October 9, 2020.
- "Sean Payton says bye week 'came at the right time' for Tre'Quan Smith". Saints Wire. November 7, 2019. Retrieved October 9, 2020.
- "Tre'Quan Smith 2019 Game Log". Pro-Football-Reference.com. Retrieved October 9, 2020.
- "New Orleans Saints at Detroit Lions – October 4th, 2020". Pro-Football-Reference.com. Retrieved October 6, 2020.
- "New Orleans Saints announce roster moves". NewOrleansSaints.com. December 24, 2020. Retrieved February 8, 2021.
- Johnson, Luke (January 16, 2021). "Saints make flurry of roster moves, activate WR Tre'Quan Smith off injured reserve". NOLA.com. Retrieved February 18, 2021.
- "Divisional Round - Tampa Bay Buccaneers at New Orleans Saints - January 17th, 2021". Pro-Football-Reference.com. Retrieved January 20, 2021.