Shanghai Disneyland Park
|Location||Shanghai Disney Resort, Pudong, Shanghai, China|
|Operated by||The Walt Disney Company and Shanghai Shendi Group|
|Opens||Spring 2016 (planned)|
|Website||Shanghai Disneyland Homepage|
Shanghai Disneyland Park is an upcoming theme park located in Pudong, Shanghai as part of the Shanghai Disney Resort. It is expected to open in spring 2016 and will be owned and operated through a joint venture between The Walt Disney Company and the Shanghai Shendi Group. Construction began on April 8, 2011.
- 1 Park layout
- 1.1 Mickey Avenue
- 1.2 Gardens of Imagination
- 1.3 Fantasyland
- 1.4 Treasure Cove
- 1.5 Adventure Isle
- 1.6 Tomorrowland
- 2 See also
- 3 References
- 4 External links
Shanghai Disneyland Park will be a new variation of traditional "Disneyland" style theme parks found all over the world. As a replacement for a "hub", the center of the park will instead feature an 11-acre collection of gardens called the Gardens of Imagination. Other themed areas will include the Enchanted Storybook Castle, the largest and tallest Disney castle featuring an underground boat ride, and Treasure Cove, home of the Pirates of the Caribbean: Battle of the Sunken Treasure ride.
Shops and Restaurants
- Remy's Patisserie: a French bakery themed to the film Ratatouille.
- Chip & Dale's Treehouse Treats: an outdoor snack market themed to Chip and Dale.
- Sweethearts Confectionery: a candy store themed to Minnie Mouse.
- Haus of Waffles
- Avenue M Arcade: the largest gift shop in the theme park, modeled after the Carthay Circle Theater.
- Il Paperino: Gelato shop themed to Donald Duck
- Mickey & Pals Market Cafe: counter-service restaurant featuring areas themed to Mickey Mouse, Daisy Duck, the Three Caballeros, and Tony's Restaurant from Lady and the Tramp.
Gardens of Imagination
The "hub" of the park, this land features seven Chinese-themed gardens as well as rides and attractions.
Shops and Restaurants
- Wandering Moon Teahouse: a traditional Chinese restaurant with views of the Enchanted Storybook Castle.
- Garden of the 12 Friends: A garden featuring each of the 12 animals on the Chinese zodiac represented by Disney and Pixar characters, sponsored by Industrial and Commercial Bank of China.
- Melody Garden
- Romance Garden
- Woodland Garden
- Garden of the Magic Feather: a garden that houses the Dumbo the Flying Elephant ride.
- Fantasia Garden: a garden that houses the Fantasia Carousel.
- Storybook Castle Garden: a garden located in front of the Enchanted Storybook Castle, featuring a stage for shows
- Ignite the Dream nighttime spectacular
- Mickey's Storybook Express parade
Fantasyland is the largest land in the park, and features areas themed to classic Disney animated films as well as the "Enchanted Storybook Castle", themed to Disney princesses. The castle is the largest in any Disney themepark, and features two attractions, a restaurant, and a boutique.
Shops and Restaurant
- Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique: a Cinderella-themed boutique, located in the castle, that applies princess-themed makeup and hair styles.
- Royal Banquet Hall: a restaurant located inside the castle, with rooms themed to Aurora, Cinderella, Tiana, Mulan, and Snow White.
- Tangled Tree Tavern: a restaurant themed to the "Snuggly Duckling" pub in the film Tangled.
- Pinocchio Country Kitchen: a pizza and pasta restaurant themed to the film Pinocchio.
- Voyage to the Crystal Grotto: a boat ride, located beneath the castle, that takes riders past scenes from movies including Tangled, Aladdin, Mulan, Fantasia, and Beauty and the Beast.
- Peter Pan's Flight
- Alice in Wonderland Maze: a walk-thru hedge maze mixed on the 1951 and 2010 versions of the film, although it is largely based on Alice's Curious Labyrinth from the Disney Park within Disneyland Paris. 
- Mickey Mouse Revue.
- Frozen Sing-Along
- Seven Dwarfs Mine Train: a roller coaster based on the Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs film.
- The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh: a dark ride themed to the 1977 animated musical film of the same name.
- Honey Pot Spin: a spinning "Teacups" style ride also themed to The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh, in which guests ride in spinning honey pots.
Treasure Cove, the first pirate-themed land in a Disney theme park, is themed to an 18th-century harbor town located on a Caribbean island that has been captured by Captain Jack Sparrow. It contains Shipwreck Shore, a sandy beach area, and Fort Snobbish, a structure themed to an abandoned Spanish Port that is home to the park's Pirates of the Caribbean-based ride.
- Pirates of the Caribbean: Battle of the Sunken Treasure: a ride, located in Fort Snobbish, based on the Pirates of the Caribbean films. Guests, riding in magnetically propelled boats, will travel past audio-animatronic and projected depictions of Davy Jones's underwater treasure, a sea battle, and a sword fight between Jack Sparrow and Davy Jones.
- Siren's Revenge: a shipwreck-themed 3-story interactive play area located on Shipwreck Shore, set aboard a wrecked French galleon.
- Explorer Canoes: a canoe ride in Treasure Cove.
- El Teatro Fandango: a theater featuring the Eye of the Storm: Captain Jack’s Stunt Spectacular stunt show.
Shops and Restaurants
- Barbossa’s Bounty: a large barbecue restaurant with multiple dining rooms, including one themed to a grog shop and a dining room located inside the Pirates of the Caribbean attraction.
Adventure Isle is a themed area at Shanghai Disneyland. It is the park's counterpart to Adventureland. It is focused around the mysterious lost world of Roaring Mountain. One of the interesting features of Shanghaî Disneyland Adventure Isle will be Camp Discovery.
- Soarin' Over the Horizon
- Roaring Rapids
- Camp Discovery
- Tarzan: Call of the Jungle
|This section is empty. You can help by adding to it. (August 2015)|
A new variations of traditional Tomorrowland attractions. Instead of a traditional Space Mountain, a new indoor rollercoaster themed to the film TRON will be featured called Tron Lightcycles Power Run. Instead of a classic spinning rockets attraction, Shanghai's park will include a spinning Jet Packs ride. A new version of Disney's popular Buzz Lightyear dark ride will also be included called Buzz Lightyear Planet Rescue utilizing new technology different from that of the currently existing versions of the ride located at other Disney parks.
- Buzz Lightyear Planet Rescue
- Jet Packs
- Marvel Universe
- Star Wars Launch Bay
- Stitch Encounter
- TRON Lightcycle Power Run
Shops and Restaurants
- Stargazer Grill
- Disneyland Park (Anaheim, California)
- Magic Kingdom (Orlando, Florida)
- Tokyo Disneyland (Japan)
- Disneyland Park Paris (France)
- Hong Kong Disneyland (Hong Kong)
- "Disneyland Shanghai to open 2016". The Independent. independent.co.uk. 8 April 2011. Retrieved 30 October 2014.
- "Disney and Partners Break Ground on Shanghai Disney Resort" (Press release). Shanghai Disneyland Press Room. April 8, 2011. Retrieved May 26, 2011.
- "Disney Gathers Local Friends for First Shanghai Disneyland Attraction". Variety. 6 December 2013. Retrieved 30 October 2014.
- "Shanghai Disneyland". Shanghai Disney Resort. Disney. Retrieved 30 October 2014.
- "‘Pirates of the Caribbean’ Themed Land to Open at Shanghai Disneyland". Variety. 18 March 2014. Retrieved 30 October 2014.
- "Shanghai Disneyland Themed Lands to Include New Attractions, Live Shows". Disney Parks Blog. Retrieved 20 August 2015.
- "D23 Expo: Disney Parks & Resorts Pavilion takes you to Shanghai". MiceChat. Retrieved 20 August 2015.
- "Additional details revealed about Shanghai Disneyland: Tangled restaurant, Jack Sparrow stunt show, Tim Burton: Alice in Wonderland maze". Inside the Magic. Retrieved 20 August 2015.
- "Shanghai Disney Resort Announces Alliance Agreement and Details of the 'Garden of the Twelve Friends'". The Walt Disney Company. Retrieved 20 August 2015.
- "Shanghai Disneyland Unveiled: What To Expect from the New Resort". Disney Blogs. Retrieved 20 August 2015.
- "D23 Expo In-Depth: Walt Disney Parks and Resorts announces Star Wars". MiceChat. Retrieved 20 August 2015.