Nancy Drew: Treasure in the Royal Tower
|Nancy Drew: Treasure in the Royal Tower|
Treasure in the Royal Tower is the fourth installment in the Nancy Drew point-and-click adventure game series by Her Interactive. The game is available for play on Microsoft Windows platforms. It has an ESRB rating of E for moments of mild violence and peril. Players take on the first-person view of fictional amateur sleuth Nancy Drew and must solve the mystery through interrogation of suspects, solving puzzles, and discovering clues. There are two levels of gameplay, Junior and Senior detective modes, each offering a different difficulty level of puzzles and hints, however neither of these changes affect the actual plot of the game. The game was loosely based on a book entitled The Treasure in the Royal Tower (1995).
Nancy Drew is snowed-in at the Wickford Castle Ski Resort in Wisconsin. Not long after she arrived the castle’s historic library was vandalized, and one of the guests was shouting that her room had been robbed.
The castle was originally owned by a millionaire who had Marie Antoinette’s tower from the Château Rochemont in France taken apart and rebuilt into Wickford Castle, but the entrance is hidden and sealed off. Nancy needs to explore the castle for clues and find her way into the Queen’s tower.
- Nancy Drew - Nancy is an eighteen-year-old amateur detective from the fictional town of River Heights in the United States. She is the only playable character in the game, which means the player must solve the mystery from her perspective.
- Dexter Egan - Dexter was an orphan who was adopted by the castle's original owner, millionaire Ezra Wickford. Dexter grew up in the castle and now resides there as the caretaker. Are there secrets about the castle that he's trying to hide?
- Jacques Brunais - Jacques is a former French Olympic skier who has now retired as a ski instructor at Wickford Castle. He has a fiancé named Isabelle who he is very eager to marry. His great grandfather helped prepare the castle's tower for shipment to Wisconsin, so perhaps his ties to the castle run deeper than meets the eye.
- Lisa Ostrum - Lisa is a photojournalist who is at the castle to write an article about old Midwestern mansions. She loves to gossip about the other people in the castle, and she seems very interested in the castle's tower. Could she have an ulterior motive for picking this castle for her story?
- Professor Beatrice Hotchkiss - Professor Hotchkiss is an eccentric woman who was robbed but refuses to leave her room to talk to anyone about what happened. Chatty and knowledgeable, she is a scholar of French History specializing in Marie Antoinette. Is she trying to keep the treasure hidden by the doomed queen for herself?
- Nancy Drew - Lani Minella
- Dexter Egan - Thomas Stewart
- Jacques Brunais - Justin Barrett
- Lisa Ostrum - Tara V. Smith
- Professor Beatrice Hotchkiss - Keri Healey
- Ned Nickerson - Scott Carty
- Bess Marvin - Claire Gallagher
- George Fayne - Maureen Nelson 
- Fournier, Heidi (April 6, 2004). "Nancy Drew: Treasure in the Royal Tower review". Adventure Gamers. Retrieved October 21, 2014.
- Stone, David (February 2, 2010). "Nancy Drew: Treasure in the Royal Tower Review". Gamezebo. Retrieved October 21, 2014.
- Ivey, Ray (September 4, 2012). "Nancy Drew: Treasure in the Royal Tower". Just Adventure. Retrieved October 21, 2014.
- Laarni Almendrala Ragaza (November 26, 2001). "Nancy Drew: Treasure in the Royal Tower". PC Mag. Retrieved October 21, 2014.
- , Treasure in the Royal Tower Teaser Trailer
- "Nancy Drew Treasure in the Royal Tower | Girl Games Online". Her Interactive. Archived from the original on July 8, 2013. Retrieved June 2, 2013.
- "Nancy Drew Treasure in the Royal Tower IMDb".
Nancy Drew: Message in a Haunted Mansion
|Nancy Drew Computer Games||Succeeded by
Nancy Drew: The Final Scene