Type of site
|Environmental Sustainability & News|
|Created by||Graham Hill|
|Editor||Chuck Leavell (Editor at Large)|
|Managing director||Molly Fergus|
TreeHugger is a sustainability website that reports on news, and other subjects like eco-friendly design, homes, and gardens. It was rated the top sustainability blog of 2007 by Nielsen Netratings, and was included in Time Magazine's 2009 blog index as one of the top twenty-five blogs. The website boasts "over 100 expert writers." All submissions are reviewed by the website's staff for accuracy and compliance with their editorial guidelines.[clarification needed]
TreeHugger's has an annual award program known as "Best of Green Awards" for the best green initiatives within various sectors and categories.
- "Online Consumers Call For Greater Transparency in Strategies for Environmental Sustainability" (PDF). Nielsen Online. Retrieved 2008-09-16.
- "TreeHugger - TIME.com's First Annual Blog Index". Time. 2008-04-06. Archived from the original on February 4, 2013. Retrieved 2009-02-18.
- Riley, Duncan (2007-08-01). "Discovery Acquires TreeHugger.com For $10million". TechCrunch. Retrieved 2010-02-07.
- Hill, Graham (2007-08-01). "TreeHugger Acquires Discovery Communications". TreeHugger. Archived from the original on 2010-01-17. Retrieved 2010-02-07.
- DCI :: Businesses & Brands :: Digital Media Archived 2008-07-27 at the Wayback Machine
- Fischer, Sara (2020-02-04). "Exclusive: Dotdash acquires another 2 publishers". Axios. Retrieved 2020-07-03.
- "Best of Green". TreeHugger. Retrieved 2010-04-09.
- Video interview with Graham Hill, founder of TreeHugger
- Video of Graham Hill at PSFK Conference NYC: When Ideas Create Good
- Walk the Talk Show with Waylon Lewis Interview with founder Graham Hill