Tree of life (disambiguation)
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
The tree of life is a motif in various mythologies and a metaphor for the common descent of life on Earth.
Tree of life may also refer to:
Arts and entertainment
- The Tree of Life, English version of Geedka nolosha (1988), a short film from Somali writer and director Abdulkadir Ahmed Said
- Charles Darwin and the Tree of Life, a 2009 BBC documentary
- T.o.L. ("Trees of Life"), is the collective name for the creators of the film Tamala 2010: A Punk Cat in Space
- The Tree of Life (film), a 2011 film directed by Terrence Malick
- The Tree of Life, novel by Chava Rosenfarb 1972
- The Tree of Life, novel by Hugh Nissenson 1985
- The Tree of Life (Bernice Summerfield), a 2005 Dr Who novel by Mark Michalowski
- The Tree of Life, an exposition of magick written by Israel Regardie in 1932
- Tree-of-Life, a plot device in the Known Space science fiction stories
- The Tree of Life (Cecil Taylor album), a 1998 album by Cecil Taylor
- The Tree of Life (soundtrack), the soundtrack to the 2011 film
- Tree of Life, an album by Lila Downs
- Tree of Life (craft) a clay sculpture style associated with Metepec, Mexico State
- Tree of Life (Kester) a Mozambican sculpture now in the British Museum
- Tree of Life (White), a sculpture at Mitchell Boulevard Park in Milwaukee, Wisconsin
- Trees of Life (Installation), an annual wrap sculpture garden series associated with Peter G Pereira, Governor's Island, New York
- Metaphor: The Tree of Utah, a sculpture in the Utah desert also known as the "Tree of Life"
Other uses in arts and entertainment
- The Tree of Life (Disney), the icon of Disney's Animal Kingdom theme park
- The Tree of Life (module), an accessory for the Dungeons & Dragons role-playing game
- Tree of life (biology), a metaphor describing the interrelatedness of living things through evolution
- Tree of Life Web Project, a collaborative project providing information about the diversity and phylogeny of life on Earth
- Arborvitae (Latin for "tree of life"), Thuja, a genus of coniferous trees
- Arbor vitae (anatomy) (Latin for "tree of life"), the cerebellar white matter, named for its branched, tree-like appearance
- Baobabs (sometimes called the "tree of life"), a genus of African trees
Religion and spirituality
- Tree of life (biblical), a tree in the Garden of Eden
- Tree of life (Kabbalah), a mystical concept within the Kabbalah of Judaism
- Tree of Life (Latter-day Saints), described in the Book of Mormon
- Tree of life vision, a more detailed description of Nephi's vision of the Tree of Life contained in the Book of Mormon
- Tree of Life Christian Schools, a private school system in and near Columbus, Ohio
- The Tree of Life Rejuvenation Center, run by Gabriel Cousens
- Etz Chaim, a religious Hebrew term for "Tree of Life"
- Mesoamerican world tree, a motif in pre-Columbian Mesoamerican mythologies and iconographies
- Yggdrasil, the world tree in Norse mythology
- Tree of Life, Bahrain, a solitary tree in the desert of Bahrain
- Árbol del Tule, a large tree in Mexico also known as the "Tree of Life"
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title Tree of life.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.