|Picture format||1080i HDTV|
(downscaled to letterboxed 480i for the SDTV feed)
|Parent||YTV Canada, Inc.|
|Launched||November 1, 1997|
|Former names||The Treehouse|
Treehouse TV is a Canadian English-language specialty channel for youngsters aged 2 to 5 that was launched in 1997. Its name comes from YTV's former children's programming block, "The Treehouse". The channel is owned by YTV Canada, Inc., a subsidiary of Corus Entertainment.
On July 19, 2019, Corus Entertainment filed a copyright infringement lawsuit against a medical marijuana dispensary chain, known as "Treehouse Dispensary", alleging the chain "wilfully copied and is using a confusing similar imitation" of the Treehouse TV logo. An attorney for the dispensary contested the claims and said that the business "categorically denies that its logo infringes on any existing trademarks in the United States." Corus won the lawsuit through a default judgment the following December.
Video on demand services
In March 2005, Corus Entertainment began offering a video on demand service called Treehouse On Demand to cable providers such as Rogers Cable and Cogeco, delivering content from Treehouse TV. It is offered as a free service to customers who subscribe to each providers digital cable service. Some providers such as SaskTel offer it as a standalone premium subscription service. Between June 2015 and May 2019, Corus operated TreehouseGO, a TV Everywhere service available on iOS and Android devices.
On February 5, 2013, Nelvana, Corus Entertainment's animation division, launched the Treehouse Direct channel on YouTube. On March 2, 2015, Treehouse TV would launched its own YouTube channel.
- Canadian ‘prodcos’ tot TV talent perks up preschool market Retrieved on March 29, 2018
- "Ownership Chart 32b" (PDF). Retrieved March 28, 2014.
- "Canadian animation studio Nelvana sues Oklahoma dispensary over logo". BNN Bloomberg. Bell Media. Associated Press. July 25, 2019. Retrieved July 26, 2019.
- Samantha Vicent (July 23, 2019). "Child entertainment firm sues Oklahoma marijuana dispensary, alleges trademark infringement". Tulsa World. BH Media. Retrieved July 26, 2019.
- Lao, David (December 31, 2019). "Canadian studio wins 'Treehouse' logo copyright dispute against Oklahoma cannabis dispensary". Global News. Corus Entertainment. Retrieved January 13, 2020.
- "Treehouse Gives Canadian Kids Programming Power". Corus Entertainment (Press release). Toronto. March 4, 2005. Retrieved January 13, 2020.
- Bailey, Katie (June 29, 2015). "Corus launches TreehouseGO". Playback. Brunico Communications. Retrieved January 13, 2020.
- "Service Update: May 1 - Corus Apps Decommission". Shaw Communications. Retrieved January 13, 2020.
- Amber MacArthur (August 15, 2011). "Treehouse video app: Is 10 bucks a month too much?". Right Click. Yahoo! News. Retrieved January 13, 2020.
- Getzler, Wendy (September 8, 2016). "Corus debuts refreshed Treehouse App". Kidscreen. Brunico Communications. Retrieved January 13, 2020.
- "Treehouse Direct - YouTube". YouTube.
- "TreehouseTV - YouTube". YouTube.