|Occupation||Film actor, screenwriter|
Haaga came to the attention of the horror community after co-starring in the Troma film Terror Firmer. He went on to fill the role of screenwriter as well as assistant director on the fourth film in the Toxic Avenger series, Citizen Toxie: The Toxic Avenger IV. Due to also playing the leader of the Diaper Mafia in this film, he was forced to direct many scenes in the film while wearing a baby bonnet and an adult diaper. He relates many of these experiences as co-author of the book Make Your Own Damn Movie! written with Lloyd Kaufman of Troma.
He has worked in many aspects of filmmaking (writing, producing, acting) and enjoys them all.
|“||"As a writer or actor you're important to the project, but not indispensable. If you're producing there are fewer battles to fight creatively. But, honestly, I like to make films and am happy to do anything on a film set. I'm happy and flattered that people want me to be in their movies or have shot scripts that I've written."||”|
|“||"Let's make as many as we can right now! History will determine which ones live on, but I can't get enough low budget horror films no matter what."||”|
Haaga has praised the speed of digital filmmaking.
|“||"We shot Killjoy 2, Hell Asylum, and Dead and Rotting in 8 days (each, not all three in 8 days!). The Ghouls shot in 12 days. Suburban Nightmare in 9."||”|
Haaga works currently on his directorial debut Chop which stars Tanishaa Mukherji and Billy Bakshi, he wrote the script for the independent thriller alongside Adam Minarovich. The movie is a revenge thriller within the tradition of Fargo and Oldboy. Haaga narrated the Indie thriller flick Fetch.
- Terror Firmer (1999) – Jerry
- Troma's Edge TV – Troma Superstar Trent Haaga
- Citizen Toxie: The Toxic Avenger IV (2000) – Tex Diaper
- Mulva: Zombie Ass Kicker! (2001) – James 'the Cock God' Vanbrunt
- The Ghouls (2003) – Clift
- Suburban Nightmare (2004) - Charles Rosenblad
- Tales from the Crapper (2004) – Party Goer
- Knight of the Living Dead (2005) – Justin's Dad
- Easter Bunny, Kill! Kill! (2006) – Bum/Donald
- Gimme Skelter (2007) – Luther
- Black Dahlia Movie: The Elizabeth Short Story (2007) – Red/Bobby Manley
- Splatter Disco (2007) – Kent Chubb
- Bonnie & Clyde vs. Dracula (2008) – Clyde
- Killjoy 3 (2010) - Killjoy
- Where the Dead Go to Die (2012) – Ralph's Dad
- Killjoy Goes to Hell (2012) - Killjoy
- The Pact 2 (2014) - Pink Room Receptionist
- Killjoy's Psycho Circus (2016) - Killjoy
- Citizen Toxie: The Toxic Avenger IV (2000) (writer)
- Hell Asylum (2002) (V) (writer)
- Feeding the Masses (2004) (V) (writer)
- Damage Control (2005) TV series (unknown episodes)
- Raving Maniacs (2005) (screenplay)
- Make Your Own Damn Movie! (2005) (book)
- Deadgirl (2008) (writer)
- Poor Things (2008) (screenplay) (story)
- Fetch (2009)
- Cheap Thrills (2013) (writer)
- 68Kill(2016) (screenplay) (director)
- Killjoy 2: Deliverance from Evil (2002) (line producer)
- Dead & Rotting (2002) (producer)
- Hell Asylum (2002) (line producer)
- The Ghouls (2003) (associate producer)
- Easter Bunny, Kill! Kill! (2006) (producer)
- Interview with Haaga for horror-asylum.com
- Kaufman, Lloyd (2003). Make Your Own Damn Movie. L.A. Weekly Books. pp. 33–34. ISBN 0-312-28864-6.
- "The Dude's Got 'Chop'(s): A Visit to the Set of Trent 'What the Fuck' Haaga's Directorial Debut". BloodyDisgusting.
- Interview with Haaga for Skullring.org
- "Deadgirl Writer Now Set to Show Us How to Chop". DreadCentral.
- "Troma Vet, 'Deadgirl' Writer Trent Haaga to Direct 'Chop'". BloodyDisgusting.
- "First Look: Trent Haaga's Bloody 'Chop'". BloodyDisgusting.
- "Indie Film Fetch Sets a Premiere Date". DreadCentral.
- "EXCL: Casting Update and Behind-the-Scenes Photos for Fetch". DreadCentral.