Trent Harris (born 1952) is an independent filmmaker based in Salt Lake City, Utah. He wrote and directed the offbeat 1991 comedy Rubin and Ed, in which Crispin Glover and Howard Hesseman wander the desert looking for a suitable place to bury a frozen cat. In 2001 he released The Beaver Trilogy, a compilation film that documents his obsession with a man called Groovin' Gary(AKA Richard Griffiths). The Beaver Trilogy features Sean Penn and Crispin Glover as Groovin' Gary in part two and part three, respectively. He also wrote and directed Plan 10 from Outer Space and Delightful Water Universe.
Harris has taught film and screenwriting classes at the University of Utah and has worked as a documentarian and television journalist.
In 2015 he was the subject of a documentary called Beaver Trilogy Part IV which examined his The Beaver Trilogy film and his relationship with its star, Richard Griffiths.
- Astle, Randy (May 1, 2013). "On Being a Cult Filmmaker: An Interview with Trent Harris". Filmmaker.
- Trent Harris Films, Official Site
- FLING A DING, Regular Video posts from the wanderings of Trent Harris
- Luna Mesa, Official Film Site
- Rubin and Ed at the Internet Movie Database
- Plan 10 from Outer Space at the Internet Movie Database
- The Beaver Trilogy at the Internet Movie Database
- Plum TV Telluride Interviews Trent Harris at Sundance
|This article about a United States film director is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|