|Born||26 November 1990|
|Current club||Ranchi Rays|
Mitton first joined the Australian team as part of the 19-member Champions Trophy squad at the 2010 Men's Hockey Champions Trophy in Mönchengladbach, Germany. He is part of the Australian team at the 2010 Commonwealth Games in New Delhi.
In December 2011, Mitton was named as one of fourteen players to be on the 2012 Summer Olympics Australian men's national Olympic development squad. While this squad is not in the top twenty-eight and separate from the Olympic training coach, the Australian coach Ric Charlesworth did not rule out selecting from only the training squad, with players from the Olympic development having a chance at possibly being called up to represent Australia at the Olympics. He trained with the team from 18 January to mid-March in Perth, Western Australia.
Trent Mitton spends his days away from hockey working as a sport teacher at Chisholm Catholic College.
- "SmokeFree WA Thunderstickstitle". Hockey Australia. Archived from the original on 24 April 2012. Retrieved 26 September 2010.
- "Trent Mitton". Australian Institute of Sport. Retrieved 26 September 2010.
- "Mitton treads family path". sportal.com.au. Retrieved 26 September 2010.
- Gene Stephan (30 June 2010). "Son of a gun steps up to fire the shots". The West Australian.
- "Scoreboard". Daily Telegraph. Sydney, Australia. 13 June 2011. p. 55. Retrieved 14 March 2012.
- Barrow, Tim (15 December 2011). "Govers on his way to London Games - HOCKEY". Illawarra Mercury. Wollongong, Australia. p. 69. Retrieved 14 March 2012.
|This biographical article relating to an Australian field hockey figure is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|