Early life and education
Pink is the New Blog
Pink is the New Blog started in June 2004. Vanegas started the blog for the purpose of getting into the habit of writing every day.
The website focuses on celebrity gossip (often assigning his own monikers), including Britney Spears, Kevin Federline, Lindsay Lohan, Hilary Duff, Paris Hilton, Nicole Richie, and Jake Gyllenhaal, as well as Vanegas' own daily adventures and exploits. The website's signature is in the large block pink letters that are used to add comments to paparazzi photos. Some celebrities like John Mayer have copied the idea to give props to Vanegas and his site by using the large pink blocks in the pictures they take themselves. Vanegas also has pictures of himself with celebrities and celebrities with their pinkisthenewblog.com stickers.
In 2005, PITNB had less than 200 hits per day according to a February 2006 New York Magazine article. However, a November 2005 New York Times article said the blog was receiving 70,000 visitors per day. In 2006, PITNB was reported to have 200,000 hits per month.
Vanegas currently resides in Los Angeles, California.
- "'Detroit' Love". Pink is the New Blog. 21 March 2011.
- Robinson, Shaun (18 March 2011). "Proud former Detroiters weigh in on '1-8-7'". Ashville Citizen-Times. Archived from the original on 24 September 2014.
- "Think 'Pink': Trent Vanegas". Saturday Night. 24 November 2011. Archived from the original on 5 June 2009.
- Cartwright, Amber (2006-08-15). "Q&A: The Coolest Bloggers". Time. Retrieved 2014-01-15.
- Thompson, Clive (20 February 2006). "Blogs to Riches". New York Magazine.
- Olsen, Mark (6 November 2005). "It's Not Just a Blog, It's a Brand". New York Times.
|This World Wide Web-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|