Tres veces Ana
|Tres veces Ana|
|Created by||Juan Carlos Alcalá|
|Story by||Jorge Lozano Soriano|
|Theme music composer||Pablo Alborán|
|Opening theme||"Se Puede Amar" by Pablo Alborán|
|Country of origin||Mexico|
|No. of episodes||102|
|Executive producer(s)||Angelli Nesma Medina|
|Original network||Las Estrellas|
|Picture format||HDTV 1080i|
|Audio format||Stereophonic sound|
|First shown in||United States|
|Original release||May 23 –|
October 24, 2016
|Related shows||Lazos de amor|
The series stars Angelique Boyer as Ana Lucía, Ana Laura and Ana Leticia, Sebastián Rulli as Santiago and Marcelo, David Zepeda as Ramiro, Susana Dosamantes as Ernestina, Blanca Guerra as Soledad, Pedro Moreno as Iñaki, and Eric del Castillo as Evaristo.
The plot uses well-worn telenovela tropes: absolutely identical twins/triplets, unknown/mistaken parentage, amnesia, and two sisters after the same man. Ana Lucía, Ana Leticia, and Ana Laura Alvarez Del Castillo are identical triplets with very different personalities. The story starts using the "original sin" trope: Ana Leticia is a bad seed child who caused the death of their parents in a car accident when the triplets were four years old, when she grabbed the steering wheel because she wanted to drive. It was believed that Ana Lucía had drowned in the river in which the family car fell and only Ana Leticia and Ana Laura survived. Local woman, Soledad Hernández, who was suffering from the loss of her young daughter, finds Ana Lucía in the river and raises her as her own (separation of twins/triplets in early childhood).
Several years later, Ana Laura is a sweet but quiet and lonely girl who wants to find her missing sister, refusing to believe she is dead. She lost a leg in the car accident as well. She falls in love with Ramiro, who also loves her, but she doesn't feel worthy of his love and thinks he feels sorry for her.
Ana Leticia is portrayed as a serial murderer and nymphomaniac, with paranoid narcissism and jealousy; glamorous, selfish, and manipulative, always needing to be the center of attention, especially with her grandmother, Ernestina (who also believes Ana Lucía is alive), and her adopted uncle, Mariano, the twins' guardians (with whom Ana Leticia is in love with). Ana Leticia is allied with Iñaki who becomes her accomplice to her evil plots and deceits. In San Nicolas, Ana Lucía meets Santiago Garcia (really Marcelo Salvaterra) who had an accident caused by arch-villain Evaristo Guerra on orders of Ana Leticia, his wife 3 years prior; and as a result, has no memory of his true identity or past and is presumed dead. Given a home by Remedios, Santiago leads an ordinary life as a taxi driver and has dreams of Ana Leticia, but her face is blurred. Soledad doesn't want Lucía close to Santiago, due to Marcelo having threatened her before the accident, and they separate. Lucía and Soledad come to Mexico City, where they meet Remedios and unexpectedly cross paths with Santiago. Ramiro, Marcelo's best friend, finds him and Ana Lucía. Remedios comes to know Soledad's secret but remains quiet. Blood ties will eventually join the sisters, interweaving their lives in an unexpected way, bringing back together what was once separated.
- Angelique Boyer as Ana Lucía / Ana Laura / Ana Leticia Alvarez del Castillo
- Sebastián Rulli as Santiago García / Marcelo Salvaterra
- David Zepeda as Ramiro Fuentes
- Susana Dosamantes as Ernestina Rivadeneira
- Blanca Guerra as Soledad Hernández
- Pedro Moreno as Iñaki
- Eric del Castillo as Evaristo Guerra
- Ana Bertha Espín as Remedios García
- Luz María Jérez as Julieta
- Leticia Perdigón as Doña Chana
- Nuria Bages as Leonor
- Mónika Sánchez as Viridiana
- Otto Sirgo as Rodrigo Casasola
- Carlos de la Mota as Valentín
- Antonio Medellín as Isidro
- Roberto Ballesteros as Tadeo
- Sachi Tamashiro as Maribel
- Alfredo Gatica as Orlando
- Juliana Teresa as Isabella Cabañas
- Alan Slim as Javier
- Arsenio Campos as Sandro
- Rolando Brito as Edmundo Fuentes
- Fabían Pizzorno as Facundo
- Raúl Magaña as Ignacio
- Ricardo Barona as Alfredo
- Jackie Sauza as Lourdes Rivadeneira de Álvarez del Castillo
- Nataly Umaña as Gina
- Vanessa Angers as Valeria
- Maru Dueñas as Cecilia
- Adriana Ahumada as Susy
- Archy Lanfranco as Samuel
- Ricardo Kleinbaum as Aníbal
- José Montini as El Curvas
- Ramiro Fumazoni as Mariano
- Olivia Bucio as Nerina
- Laisha Wilkins as Jennifer
- Nicolás Mena as Cristian
- Alfonso Iturralde as Bernardo
- Eddy Vilard as Daniel
- Lucero Lander as Miranda
Production on the telenovela began on January 4, 2016 in Mexico City. Alex Sirvent has been confirmed to perform the theme songs of the telenovela. During the casting process and pre-production, the telenovela's working title was "Como tres gotas de agua".
On December 22, 2015 Angelique Boyer confirmed through her Twitter account that the ultimate title of the telenovela was Frente al mismo rostro. In March 2016 the title was changed again, becoming Tres veces Ana.
Awards and nominations
|2017||Best Actress||Angelique Boyer||Won|
|Best Actor||Sebastián Rulli||Won|
|Best Leading Actress||Blanca Guerra||Nominated|
|Best Leading Actor||Eric del Castillo||Nominated|
|Best Supporting Actress||Laisha Wilkins||Nominated|
|Best Supporting Actor||Otto Sirgo||Nominated|
|Best Young Lead Actress||Sachi Tamashiro||Nominated|
|Best Direction||Claudio Reyes Rubio and Sergio Cataño||Nominated|
|Best Direction of the Camaras||Manuel Barajas and Armando Zafra||Nominated|
|Best Musical Theme||"Se puede amar" (Pablo Alborán)||Won|
|Best Cast||Tres veces Ana||Nominated|
- "Tres veces Ana: escucha el tema de la telenovela de Angelique Boyer y Sebastián Rulli". laprensa.peru.com (in Spanish). Retrieved 22 April 2016.
- "¡Angelique haría papel de Lucero en remake de Lazos de amor!". tvynovelas.com (in Spanish). Retrieved 28 November 2015.
- "Sebastián Rulli, David Zepeda ¿y Daniel Arenas? galanes de Como 3 gotas de agua". tvnotas.com.mx (in Spanish). Retrieved 28 November 2015.
- Rubio, Flor (November 26, 2015). ""Confirman David Zepeda estará en "Como tres gotas de agua". radioformula.com.mx (in Spanish). Retrieved November 28, 2015.
- Poza, Javier (January 19, 2016). ""Frente al mismo rostro" marca regreso a Televisa de Susana Dosamantes". Grúpo Formula (in Spanish). Retrieved January 20, 2016.
- Woodside, Maxine. "Ramiro Fumazoni se suma a elenco "Como tres gotas de agua"". radioformula.com.mx (in Spanish). Retrieved 28 November 2015.
- "¡Sebastián Rulli, protagonista de la nueva telenovela "Como tres gotas de agua"!". television.televisa.com (in Spanish). Retrieved 28 November 2015.
- Woodside, Maxine (November 4, 2015). "Compone Alex Sirvent temas para novela "Como Tres Gotas de Agua"". radioformula.com.mx (in Spanish). Retrieved November 28, 2015.
- Tinoco, Armando. "'Como Tres Gotas De Agua' Telenovela Casting: Pedro Moreno Replaces Javier Jattin In Angelique Boyer 'Lazos De Amor' Remake". latintimes.com. Retrieved 8 July 2016.
- "Frente al mismo rostro, la nueva telenovela de Angelli Nesma". sdpnoticias.com (in Spanish). Retrieved 24 December 2015.
- "Angelique Boyer revela el nombre de la telenovela que protagonizará con Sebastián Rulli". People en Español (in Spanish). Retrieved 24 December 2015.
- "Frente Al Mismo Rostro ahora se llamará Tres Veces Ana". Espectáculos a tiempo (in Spanish). 8 March 2016. Retrieved 12 March 2016.
- Televisión, Televisa. "¡Conoce a los nominados de los Premios TVyNovelas 2017 y vota por tu favorito!". Televisa Televisión. Retrieved 2017-02-17.