Trevarno railway station
|Original company||Great Western Railway|
|Operated by||Helston Railway|
|Stations on heritage railways in the United Kingdom|
|A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z|
The Helston Railway Preservation Society started work at Trevarno in 2005 with volunteers starting work on re-opening a section of the line. William Bickford-Smith was the first chairman of the original Helston Railway and he lived at Trevarno House.
A tin mine once stood near by however this was not the site of a station or halt until the Helston Railway opened a station here in 2011 as the terminus of the line at that time. It also served the Trevarno estate gardens until circa 2011. The grand opening ceremony of Trevarno Station was officially held on 26 July 2010 however the station was not able to operate as it was not permitted to carry passengers on that date.
Trevarno Station has a through and a bay platform with a single long siding. It has a station lamp but it no longer has a station building or car park.
This is a now request stop and passenger access is by the Black Bridge reached via a public footpath. Trevarno now lies about one third of the way along the existing line and up until 2012 it was the main operational base with passengers starting and ending their journeys here.
|Preceding station||Heritage railways||Following station|
|Prospidnick Halt||Helston Railway||Truthall Halt|
- "Ordnance Survey - Trevarno Railway Station". Retrieved 9 October 2018.
- "Helston Railway". Retrieved 9 October 2018.
- "Cornwall LXXVI.NW (includes: Helston; Sithney; Wendron.) Revised: 1906. Published: 1909". Retrieved 9 October 2018.
- "Geograph - Trevarno Railway Station". Retrieved 9 October 2018.
- 2018 Helston Railway official site
- Video 2018 Kilmersdon at Helston Railway
- Video of Helston Railway - train goes through Trevarno station Cornwall England UK
- Video of Winter Wonderland train Helston Railway Trevarno Cornwall
- Video of Helston Railway December 2011 (brake van ride)
- Video of driver's view of the Helston Railway
|This article about a railway station in South West England is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article about a building or structure in Cornwall is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|