Treviglio railway station
Treviglio railway station
|Location||Piazza Giuseppe Verdi
|Owned by||Rete Ferroviaria Italiana|
|Distance||33.143 km (20.594 mi)
from Milano Centrale
|Opened||5 March 1878|
Treviglio railway station (Italian: Stazione di Treviglio), also known as Treviglio centrale railway station (Italian: Stazione centrale di Treviglio) is the main station serving the town and comune of Treviglio, in the region of Lombardy, northern Italy. Opened in 1878, it has a higher average number of passengers per day than Treviglio's other railway station, Treviglio Ovest.
The station lies on the Milan–Venice railway, Treviglio–Bergamo railway and Treviglio–Cremona railway. The station is managed by Rete Ferroviaria Italiana (RFI) and the commercial area of the passenger building is managed by Centostazioni. The train services are operated by Trenord.
Treviglio railway station is situated at Piazzale Giuseppe Verdi, at the southern edge of the town centre.
In 1885, the station became part of the Rete Adriatica, under the management of the Società per le Strade Ferrate Meridionali (English: Company for the Southern Railways, SFM). After the nationalisation of Italy's railways in 1905, it was operated by the FS.
Passenger and train movements
The station has about 3.5 million passenger movements each year.
The station is served by the following service(s):
- Express services (Treno regionale) Milan - Treviglio - Brescia - Verona
- Regional services (Treno regionale) Sesto San Giovanni - Milan - Treviglio - Brescia
- Regional services (Treno regionale) Bergamo - Treviglio
- Regional services (Treno regionale) Treviglio - Crema - Cremona
- Milan Metropolitan services (S5) Varese - Rho - Milan - Treviglio
- Milan Metropolitan services (S6) Novara - Rho - Milan - Treviglio
|Preceding station||Trenord||Following station|
toward Milano Centrale
toward Verona Porta Nuova
toward Sesto San Giovanni
|Preceding station||Milan suburban railway service||Following station|
There is interchange at the station with suburban buses.
- History of rail transport in Italy
- List of railway stations in Lombardy
- Rail transport in Italy
- Railway stations in Italy
- List of Italian stations and categories
- Alessandro Tuzza; et al. "Prospetto cronologico dei tratti di ferrovia aperti all'esercizio dal 1839 al 31 dicembre 1926" [Chronological overview of the features of the railways opened between 1839 and 31 December 1926]. Trenidicarta.it (in Italian). Alessandro Tuzza. Retrieved 1 January 2011. External link in
- "Flussi Annui nelle 103 Stazioni" [Annual flows at the 103 stations]. Centostazioni website (in Italian). Centostazioni. Retrieved 4 December 2010. External link in
Media related to Treviglio railway station at Wikimedia Commons