Trevor D. Ford
Trevor D. Ford, OBE was a British geologist, specialising in speleology, and an author. He was a Senior Lecturer in the Geology Department of the University of Leicester, and also Associate Dean of Science.
He has written several popular introductions to Peak District geology, a definitive study of the local fluorite Blue John, as well as numerous cave guides. He served as the editor of Transactions of the British Cave Research Association, renamed Cave Science (later Cave & Karst Science), from 1973 until 1993.
He was a Distinguished Life Vice President of the Leicester Literary and Philosophical Society.
Dr Ford died on the 22 February 2017.
|This article lacks ISBNs for the books listed in it. (January 2015)|
- Ford TD. Rocks & Scenery of the Peak District, Landmark Publishing, 2002
- Ford T. Sediments in Caves, BCRA Cave Studies Series 9, 2001
- Ford TD. Derbyshire Blue John, Landmark Publishing, 2000
- Ford T, Gunn J. Caves and Karst of the Peak District BCRA Cave Studies 3, 1992
- Ford TD. Limestones and Caves of Wales, Cambridge University Press, 1989
- Ford TD, Gill DW. Caves of Derbyshire, Dalesman, 1984
- Ford TD, ed. Limestones and Caves of the Peak District, Geo-Books, 1977
- Ford TD, Rieuwerts JH, eds. Lead Mining in the Peak District, Landmark Publishing for the Peak District Mines Historical Society, 1975
- Ford TD (1958). Pre-Cambrian fossils from Charnwood Forest. Proceedings of the Yorkshire Geological Society, 31: 211-217
|This biographical article about a British geologist is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|