Trevor D. Ford
Trevor David Ford, OBE (19 April 1925 – 22 February 2017) was an English geologist, specialising in speleology, and an author. He was a Senior Lecturer in the Geology Department of the University of Leicester, and also Associate Dean of Science.
He wrote several popular introductions to Peak District geology, a definitive study of the local fluorite Blue John, as well as numerous cave guides. He served as the editor of Transactions of the British Cave Research Association, renamed Cave Science (later Cave & Karst Science), from 1973 until 1993.
He died on 22 February 2017.
- Ford TD. Rocks and Scenery of the Peak District (Landmark Publishing; 2002) (ISBN 1843060264)
- Ford TD, Rieuwerts JH, eds. Lead Mining in the Peak District (Ashbourne and Landmark Publishing for the Peak District Mines Historical Society; 2000) (4th edn) (ISBN 1901522156)
- Ford TD. Derbyshire Blue John (Landmark Publishing; 2000) (ISBN 1873775199)
- Ford TD, ed. Limestones and Caves of Wales (Cambridge University Press; 1989) (ISBN 0521169135)
- Ford TD, Gill DW. Caves of Derbyshire (Dalesman; 1984) (ISBN 085206781X)
- Ford TD, ed. Limestones and Caves of the Peak District (Geo-Books; 1977)
- Ford T. Sediments in Caves; BCRA Cave Studies Series 9 (BCRA; 2001) (ISBN 090026523X)
- Gunn J, Ford T. Caves and Karst of the Peak District; BCRA Cave Studies Series 3 (BCRA; 1992) (ISBN 0-900265-12-4)
- Vidal G, Ford TD (1985). Microbiotas from the late proterozoic chuar group (northern Arizona) and uinta mountain group (Utah) and their chronostratigraphic implications. Precambrian Research 28: 349–89
- Schopf JW, Ford TD, Breed WJ (1973). Microorganisms from the Late Precambrian of the Grand Canyon, Arizona. Science 179: 1319–21
- Ford TD (1958). Pre-Cambrian fossils from Charnwood Forest. Proceedings of the Yorkshire Geological Society, 31: 211–217
- Ford T (2005) The discovery of Charnia. In Charnia (Leicester Literary and Philosophical Society Section C newsletter) Archived 2007-05-17 at the Wayback Machine
- Indexes to some Cave Science Journals
- Lowe D, Gunn, J. (1997) Editorial. Caves and Karst Science 24: 51-52 Archived 2006-09-25 at the Wayback Machine
- "Trevor David Ford 1925 - 2017". The Geological Society of London. Retrieved 1 November 2017.
|This biographical article about a British geologist is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|