Daley in October 2014.
October 9, 1983 |
Toronto, ON, CAN
|Height||5 ft 11 in (180 cm)|
|Weight||195 lb (88 kg; 13 st 13 lb)|
|NHL Draft||43rd overall, 2002
In his final year with the Greyhounds and as captain, Daley found himself the victim of a racial slur by then Coach and General Manager, former NHL goaltender John Vanbiesbrouck. Daley quit the team and upon the resignation of Vanbiesbrouck returned to the team three days later to finish out the 2002–03 season.
Daley made his NHL debut with the Stars in the 2003–04 season and established himself as a regular in the 2005–06 season when he played in a career-high 81 games and was named to the Canadian squad for the 2006 World Championships.
He played his 500th career NHL game on October 8, 2011, all with the Dallas Stars.
Regular season and playoffs
|1999–00||Sault Ste. Marie Greyhounds||OHL||54||16||30||46||77||15||3||7||10||12|
|2000–01||Sault Ste. Marie Greyhounds||OHL||58||14||27||41||105||—||—||—||—||—|
|2001–02||Sault Ste. Marie Greyhounds||OHL||47||9||39||48||38||6||2||2||4||4|
|2002–03||Sault Ste. Marie Greyhounds||OHL||57||20||33||53||128||1||0||0||0||2|
- "Vanbiesbrouck resigns from OHL team after racial slur". cbc.ca. 2003-03-19. Retrieved 2009-06-20.
- "Daley returns after racial slur". nytimes.com. 2003-03-13. Retrieved 2009-06-20.
- "Stars' Daley keeps his balance". dallasnews.com. 2006-08-30. Retrieved 2009-06-20.
- Lazerus, Mark (July 10, 2015). "Blackhawks trade Patrick Sharp to Dallas Stars". Chicago Sun-Times. Retrieved July 10, 2015.
- Trevor Daley's career statistics at EliteProspects.com
- Trevor Daley's career statistics at The Internet Hockey Database
|This biographical article relating to a Canadian ice hockey defenceman born in the 1980s is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|