Daley after winning second Stanley Cup with the Penguins in 2017.
October 9, 1983 |
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
|Height||5 ft 11 in (180 cm)|
|Weight||195 lb (88 kg; 13 st 13 lb)|
|Detroit Red Wings
|NHL Draft||43rd overall, 2002
Trevor Daley (born October 9, 1983) is a Canadian professional ice hockey defenceman currently playing for the Detroit Red Wings of the National Hockey League (NHL). He has also played for the Pittsburgh Penguins, Dallas Stars, and Chicago Blackhawks.
In his final year with the Greyhounds and as captain, Daley found himself the victim of a racial slur by then Coach and General Manager, former NHL goaltender John Vanbiesbrouck. Daley quit the team and upon the resignation of Vanbiesbrouck returned to the team three days later to finish out the 2002–03 season.
Daley made his NHL debut with the Stars in the 2003–04 season and established himself as a regular in the 2005–06 season when he played in a career-high 81 games and was named to the Canadian squad for the 2006 World Championships.
He played his 500th career NHL game on October 8, 2011, all with the Dallas Stars.
On December 14, 2015, he was traded to the Pittsburgh Penguins in exchange for Rob Scuderi. Daley won his first Stanley Cup when the Penguins defeated the Sharks in six games in the 2016 Stanley Cup Finals.
On February 23, 2017, Daley underwent arthroscopic knee surgery following an injury during a game against the Carolina Hurricanes on February 21. Daley was expected to miss six weeks of play. He returned to the ice to play against the New Jersey Devils on April 6. He won his second straight Stanley Cup on June 11, 2017 when the Pittsburgh Penguins defeated the Nashville Predators.
Regular season and playoffs
|1999–00||Sault Ste. Marie Greyhounds||OHL||54||16||30||46||77||15||3||7||10||12|
|2000–01||Sault Ste. Marie Greyhounds||OHL||58||14||27||41||105||—||—||—||—||—|
|2001–02||Sault Ste. Marie Greyhounds||OHL||47||9||39||48||38||6||2||2||4||4|
|2002–03||Sault Ste. Marie Greyhounds||OHL||57||20||33||53||128||1||0||0||0||2|
Awards and honours
|Stanley Cup (Pittsburgh Penguins)||2016, 2017|||
- "Vanbiesbrouck resigns from OHL team after racial slur". cbc.ca. 2003-03-19. Retrieved 2009-06-20.
- "Daley returns after racial slur". nytimes.com. 2003-03-13. Retrieved 2009-06-20.
- "Stars' Daley keeps his balance". dallasnews.com. 2006-08-30. Retrieved 2009-06-20.
- "Legends of Hockey – NHL Player Search – Player – Trevor Daley". www.legendsofhockey.net. Retrieved February 23, 2017.
- Lazerus, Mark (July 10, 2015). "Blackhawks trade Patrick Sharp to Dallas Stars". Chicago Sun-Times. Retrieved July 10, 2015.
- "Penguins notebook: Scuderi traded to Blackhawks for Daley". Pittsburgh Tribune-Review. 2015-12-14. Retrieved 2015-12-15.
- Mackey, Jason. "Trevor Daley out six weeks after knee surgery". Pittsburgh Post-Gazette. Retrieved February 23, 2017.
- "Penguins repeat as Stanley Cup champions". Canadian Broadcasting Corporation. 2017-06-11. Retrieved 2017-06-11.
- Kujawa, Kyle (July 1, 2017). "Red Wings sign free agent defenseman Trevor Daley". Detroit Red Wings. Retrieved July 1, 2017.
- "Penguins win Stanley Cup, defeat Sharks in Game 6". National Hockey League. 2016-06-12. Retrieved 2016-06-12.
- Biographical information and career statistics from NHL.com, or Eliteprospects.com, or Hockey-Reference.com, or The Internet Hockey Database
|This biographical article relating to a Canadian ice hockey defenceman born in the 1980s is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|