Trevor Hall (singer)
|Born||28 November 1986|
|Origin||Hilton Head Island, South Carolina, United States|
|Labels||Vanguard Records, Geffen Records (former), White Balloon|
Trevor Hall (born November 28, 1986) is an American singer-songwriter and guitarist. His music is a mix of roots, folk, and reggae. Many of Hall's themes revolve around spirituality and life exploration.
His album, KALA, written in Hawaii and recorded in Los Angeles, was released on August 21, 2015. It debuted at No. 2 on the iTunes singer-songwriter chart.
The Fruitful Darkness (2018)
Released on June 1st, 2018, The Fruitful Darkness was Hall's first completely independent release. After working with established labels for the first decade of his career, this project was supported solely by his fans and was the #1 music campaign in 2017 on KickStarter . Relix praised the album, saying "The Fruitful Darkness takes stock of Hall's inner world and, as you observe him wade through the abyss, he challenges you to do the same ."
Trevor Hall was a guest on legendary race car driver Danica Patrick's popular podcast "Danica Patrick Pretty Intense." Patrick praised Hall's music, saying he "has a lot of heart, a lot of soul. He writes it all himself. He just has a really cool story ."
Hall headlined the historic Red Rocks Amphitheater on June 16, 2019, playing a packed show with Nahko and Medicine for the People, as well as Ayla Nereo. . After the success of the show, Hall later announced on November 19, 2019, that he will be returning to headline the history Red Rocks Amphitheater on May 1st, 2020, telling fans:
Background and early life
Trevor Hall grew up in Hilton Head Island, South Carolina. Hall grew up surrounded by music due in part to his father who was a drummer and musician. After dabbling with multiple instruments including trombone and bass, he decided to learn guitar in hopes of becoming a singer-songwriter one day. At age 16 he recorded his first album. Shortly after, Hall left South Carolina for Los Angeles where he enrolled and studied classical guitar at Idyllwild Arts Academy. During his time, he was introduced to yoga and meditation practices and spirituality, which made a major impact on him and has since influenced his life and music. During his senior year at Idyllwild Arts Academy, Hall was signed to Geffen Records, which signaled the formal start of his career.
Trevor Hall is married to photographer Emory Hall. The two met in 2010 while in India, where Emory was studying at the time.
- 2005: Trevor Hall Live (Geffen Records)
- 2008: Alive & On the Road (With Chris Steele) (White Balloon)
- 2010: Chasing The Flame - On the Road With Trevor Hall (Vanguard Records)
- 2004: Lace Up Your Shoes (White Balloon)
- 2008: The Elephant's Door (Never released) (Geffen Records)
- 2008: This is Blue (White Ballon)
- 2009: Trevor Hall (Vanguard Records)
- 2011: Everything Everytime Everywhere (Vanguard Records)
- 2014: Chapter of the Forest (Vanguard Records)
- 2015: KALA (Vanguard Records)
- 2017: The Fruitful Darkness (Independent Release)
- 2007: Shrek the Third: The Motion Picture Soundtrack - "Other Ways"
- 2007: Endless Highway: The Music of The Band - "Life Is a Carnival"
- 2009: StreetEDGE Program: July Titles '09 - "The Lime Tree", "31 Flavors", and "Unity (featuring Matisyahu")
- 2009: Paste Magazine Sampler Issue 54 - "Unity"
- 2010: Vanguard Records Summer Sampler - "The Lime Tree"
- 2011: Putumayo World Music: Acoustic Café - "World Keeps Turnin'"
- With "The Villagers Crew"
- 2010: All Things Material & Spiritual (Self-released)
- "Brand New Day"
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2017-05-05. Retrieved 2017-04-04.CS1 maint: archived copy as title (link)
- "Trevor Hall: Awakening Your Spiritual Consciousness ... a Powerful Form of Activism". Ecowatch.com. 27 July 2017. Retrieved 2 August 2018.
- "Bio -". Trevorhall.virb.com. Retrieved 2 August 2018.
- "Emory Hall · Wanderlust". Wanderlust. Retrieved 2018-09-03.