||This biography of a living person needs additional citations for verification. (July 2013) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
|Born||Trevor James Hemmings
11 June 1935
|Known for||Owning Preston North End F.C.|
|Home town||London, England|
|Net worth||£900m (est.)|
Hemmings owns Preston North End F.C. and Trust Inns. He also owns over 100 racehorses, the most notable being Hedgehunter, who won the 2005 Grand National at Aintree along with Ballabriggs in 2011, and Many Clouds in 2015.
In 2009 it was claimed by the Sunday Times Rich List that Hemmings had lost £700m because of a collapse in the price of Royal Bank of Scotland shares, making him only the ninth richest man in the North West and the 178th in the country. The Rich List editor, Ian Coxon, said the drop in Hemmings' fortunes had been caused by the decrease in value of his North West property portfolio as well as his share investment.
- "Manchester City owner back on top of rich list". The Independent. London. 6 October 2010.
- Researcha.co.uk - UK Company and Company Director Reports
- Hedgehunter | Record By Race Type | Racing Post
- Ballabriggs | Record By Race Type | Racing Post
- Mamons; Trevor Hemmings; tycoon The Observer; Nick Mathieson; 7 January 2007
- "Blackpool Tower owner loses millions" by Nathan Harris at my-hospitality.com
- Hemmings Funds Rape Centre
- The London Gazette: . 11 June 2011.