Trevor James Hemmings
|Born||11 June 1935|
Woolwich, London, England
|Residence||Isle of Man, UK|
|Known for||Owning Preston North End F.C.|
|Net worth||£850 million (May 2017) |
|Children||3 sons, 1 daughter|
Hemmings was born in Woolwich, London, the son of a Royal Ordnance factory worker father. During the Second World War, the Royal Ordnance was relocated to Lancashire, and the family moved there when he was aged five.
Hemmings owns Preston North End F.C. Northern Trust Co. Ltd, Classic Lodges Ltd. and Trust Inns Ltd. He also owns over 100 racehorses, three of which won the Grand National—Hedgehunter (2005), Ballabriggs (2011) and Many Clouds (2015).
In 2009 it was stated by the Sunday Times Rich List that Hemmings had lost £700m because of a collapse in the price of Royal Bank of Scotland shares, making him only the ninth richest man in the North West and the 178th in the country. The Rich List editor, Ian Coxon, said the drop in Hemmings' fortunes had been caused by the decrease in value of his North West property portfolio as well as his share investment.
Hemmings is married to Eve, and they have three sons and one daughter.
He "lives primarily on the Isle of Man".
- - Preston North End owner Trevor Hemmings increases his wealth [permanent dead link]
- Researcha.co.uk - UK Company and Company Director Reports[permanent dead link]
- Mathiason, Nick (7 January 2007). "A pie, a pint - and a billion". The Guardian. Retrieved 7 November 2018.
- "Hedgehunter - Race Record & Form - Racing Post". www.racingpost.com. Retrieved 19 August 2018.
- "Ballabriggs - Race Record & Form - Racing Post". www.racingpost.com. Retrieved 19 August 2018.
- Mamons; Trevor Hemmings; tycoon The Observer; Nick Mathieson; 7 January 2007
- "Blackpool Tower owner loses millions" by Nathan Harris at my-hospitality.com Archived 29 January 2013 at Archive.today
- "Millionaire Hemmings funds rape centre". 4 February 2002. Retrieved 15 April 2018.
- "No. 59808". The London Gazette (Supplement). 11 June 2011. p. 3.
- "Reclusive "leisure entrepreneur" and racing obsessive Trevor Hemmings". thesteepletimes.com. Retrieved 7 November 2018.