|Texas A&M Aggies No. 8|
|High school||San Antonio (TX) Reagan|
|Place of birth||San Antonio, Texas|
|Height||6 ft 1 in (1.85 m)|
|Weight||215 lb (98 kg)|
|Career highlights and awards|
Trevor Knight (born October 3, 1993) is an American football quarterback for the Texas A&M Aggies. He previously played for the Oklahoma Sooners. After leading Oklahoma to an 8-5 record in the 2014 season, he lost the starting job in an open quarterback competition to Texas Tech transfer Baker Mayfield prior to the 2015 season. On January 4, 2016 it was announced that Knight would transfer to Texas A&M University.
Knight attended Ronald Reagan High School in San Antonio, Texas. As a senior, he threw for 2,092 yards and 27 touchdowns with 943 rushing yards and 15 touchdowns. He was ranked as the sixth best dual-threat quarterback recruit by Rivals.com. Trevor has a twin brother, Connor, who also plays for the Oklahoma Sooners.
Knight was named MVP of the 2014 Sugar Bowl when he led Oklahoma to a 45–31 upset of two-time reigning national champion Alabama. Knight threw for 348 yards and four touchdowns in a record-setting performance. Knight began the 2014 season against Louisiana Tech, completing 19–34 passes for 253 yards, one touchdown and one interception and running four times for 17 yards.
On December 11, 2015, it was announced that Knight had obtained a full release from his scholarship and will explore his options to transfer to another school. Despite his intentions to transfer, Knight indicated he would remain a member of the team at least until the completion of Oklahoma's 2015 season.
- "Rivals.com". Retrieved 17 October 2014.
- "Oklahoma football: Twins Trevor Knight, Connor Knight have each other to lean on". NewsOK.com. Retrieved 17 October 2014.
- "Sooners to start Trevor Knight at QB". ESPN.com. Retrieved 17 October 2014.
- "Oklahoma football: Bob Stoops names Trevor Knight starting quarterback". NewsOK.com. Retrieved 17 October 2014.
- "OU report card: Sooners QB Trevor Knight solid, not spectacular in victory". NewsOK.com. Retrieved 17 October 2014.
- Houck, Mike (December 11, 2015). "Trevor Knight Granted Full Release". Soonersports.com. Retrieved December 21, 2015.
- Khan Jr., Sam (January 4, 2016). "Texas A&M lands QB Trevor Knight in transfer from Oklahoma". ESPN. Retrieved January 5, 2016.
- "Knight gets 1st start in almost 2 years against No. 16 UCLA". USA Today. September 2, 2016. Retrieved September 3, 2016.